I've Had Enough This Week.... :(

Thanks you mrs_tommo22! (I don't know your real name... I'm terrible) :oops:

I hope we do too! He is asleep on a pillow next to me right now.

DSC05185-1.jpg

How angelic, eh? See how long it lasts. LOL

Bless him Debbie, looks angelic but you guys know otherwise, if he gets too hot though babes strip to his nappy, had to do it to my kids last night as both were up crying with the heat again - fell like i was up down all nigjht making drinks for them and soothing them back to sleep........crazy!

Was he good last night or a horror!

Not bad, not good...... slept with me from 1.30ish again.....

leland had a bad night too debs but as u know brian wont let him come in with us :wall: and we were prob too hot anyway ! he gobbled down 2oz of water at 6 am , so unlike him he hates the stuff !

DebbieM said:
But would giving water - more so to allow me to have 5 mins and let Matt sort him occasionally - mean he is no longer exclusively breastfed?

technically yes it would but if it stops you getting really stressed out then surely that is better. However I would only do this occasionally as it really isn't recommended for breastfed babies.

no-one is turning this into a weaning debate. debbie said she didn't want to wean before 6 months and people are just giving her encouragement and reassurance. after 17 weeks HV's always seemtouse weaning as the answerto everything and when its your first you can feel pressured. i did and wish I had the support when i was going through this with Seren.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

when melissa was 4 months old she suddenly stopped sleeping thru, started waking more and more in the nite and was grumpy in evenings. it was a nitemare! we tried weaning but it wasnt that. it kept up until she was 8 months old- i dont kno what stopped it as 3 things co-incided with it- her first tooth, going into her own room, and i stopped BFing. or it couldve been none of those things just that she came out of the phase. i kno its hard and stressful but try not to let it beat you! try weaning if u like but dont try too hard or stress if it dont work. keep him cool, offer cold water, try controlled crying if u want but i found that too hard and too stressful for me. im sorry dont kno what else to advise good luck x x x

connor has upped his feeding from every 1.5 to 2 hours to every hour in this heat. :hug: :hug: :hug: to you debbie - i think luke and connor are v similar - i can't even go to the loo without being screamed at cos he expects me to entertain him every minute of the day; the jumperoo/door bouncer give me about 5 minutes of peace (bliss...) but can only be used a couple of times a day :roll:

he only sleeps for 4.5 hours at night and is in bed with me feeding from 2.30am every night til we get up at 6.30am - i honestly don't know where he gets his energy from (i want some!!)

at the mo i think he's grouchy for 3 reasons:
1/ he's teething
2/ its hot
3/ he gets v frustrated at not being able to do things (sit, crawl etc)

i give connor water without any probs - he's still feeding really frequently but it gives me a bit of grace and leeway when needed. i really don't think it makes any difference to the exclusivity of bf-ing, and if giving him some water helps then that doesn't matter anyway :)

you're doing a fab job honey. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Debs, Ive not had a chance to get online since Sat night, hope you are all feeling a bit happier today, did you have a good day out?
Just wanted to give you a few :hug: :hug: :hug: Dont ever think youre not a good Mum, look at your gorgeous boy and how well he is doing, youre doing a fab job! Hope you have a better week this week :D :hug:

aww hun sorry to hear youve been having a hard time. Harriets become a grump too in the heat, shes just in a nappy day and night at the minute and having sips of baby juice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back