• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I've got my early scan....

Tatum29

Reaction score
...booked in for the 13th November! I'll be 8 wks pg by then! I am SO nervous about this scan!! It's for reassurance due to a loss in 2004. I'm very phobic of Doctors and tests etc! What should I expect from this scan? :shock: :shock:

I'd say that there wouldn't be much to see on the screen, as the baby may still be very small. The heartbeat should be visible though.
They may also look to check that the baby's size corresponds to your dates.Be warned that you may need scanning internally, depending on the size of the baby. It's not a painful experience but can be quite uncomfortable.

Good Luck with the scan!! I'm sure all will be well!!

soulem said:
I'd say that there wouldn't be much to see on the screen, as the baby may still be very small. The heartbeat should be visible though.
They may also look to check that the baby's size corresponds to your dates.Be warned that you may need scanning internally, depending on the size of the baby. It's not a painful experience but can be quite uncomfortable.

Good Luck with the scan!! I'm sure all will be well!!

Thank you! I did wonder if it would be an internal scan, although I'm hoping an abdominal will be sufficient! It would be great to see a heart beating, but like you say, I doubt they'll be much to see. I should at least know if the babies coming along as it should be and that will be enough to reassure me. I think it'll be a long two weeks waiting for my scan appointment! :shock:

hehe same day as my 16 week one :)
my scan at 9 weeks on the dot was great could see a head and a foot and the heartbeating so id guess yours would be about the same
good luck hun
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back