Ive got mastitis again :( Homeopathic Remedies??

happy-chick

Reaction score
Feel rotten & in loads of pain :( Feel soooo sick cos of infection :puke: & i'm freezing even though the suns shining and everyone is out.

Been to emerg doc who stuggled cos i'm allergic to Penicilin & have a severe sensitivity to Arythromicin (sp?) and those 2 drug families are the only ones said to be definately safe whilst BF. He's given me some others on the understanding that the manufacturer advises to avoid while breastfeeding and its my choice if I take them or not, he said its unlikely that there would be any complications as its only a tiny amount that passes over.
* This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnancy. This is because ciprofloxacin has been shown to cause joint disease in immature animals and may therefore have this effect in humans. There are usually safer alternative antibiotics available. Seek medical advice from your doctor.

* Ciprofloxacin passes into breast milk. It is not recommended for use during breastfeeding, as there are usually safer alternative antibiotics available. Seek medical advice from your doctor.

Taken from here.
He gave me 3 options:
1/ Dont take antibiotics, take painkillers and see how I go. Likely that i'll need the antibiotics anyway.
2/ Take antibiotics and then stop as soon as I feel an improvement and hope my body does the rest.
3/ Take full course of antibiotics (5 days).

I dunno what to dooooo, help!! :?

--------------------------------------------

UPDATE

Decided to try homeopathic remedies first & see my own GP on Monday morning, can anyone advise what to take?
I've never used this type of method before but think its worth a try before antibiotics :) Any advice appreciated x

Hmmm... I'd be inclined to take them tbh.

There isn't any evidence to show that the disease passes to humans, only a small risk with animals. BUT, I'd firstly see how I am. Sounds like you are VERY poorly, and this could affect future milk supply, so on that basis, I'd take the full course (if you don't complete a full course of antibiotics the infection can come back).

Hope you feel better soon whatever you decide :( :hug: xxx

KERRYGOLD00 said:
I would get in touch with your GP again as there are other antibiotic familys they can try.

Apparantly the only antibiotics that are left to try are ones that are same as what ive been prescribed, advised to avoid... :? I dont really wanna see another emerg doc as they are useless and cant see my own GP until monday :(

:think: :think: I'm allergic to both families of antibiotics... Can't remember what I took :think: I'd a)see another doctor tbh... and b)remember that its only the first 3hours after you take a drug that it enters your bm... and as you've decided to reduce breastfeeding Ellie with a view to quit, why not use this as an opportunity to cut out one breast feed in the attempt to reduce feeds and eventually stop completely in the next few months. You can supplement that feed with formula. :D Seems like perfect timing.

Squiglet said:
:think: :think: I'm allergic to both families of antibiotics... Can't remember what I took :think: I'd a)see another doctor tbh... and b)remember that its only the first 3hours after you take a drug that it enters your bm... and as you've decided to reduce breastfeeding Ellie with a view to quit, why not use this as an opportunity to cut out one breast feed in the attempt to reduce feeds and eventually stop completely in the next few months. You can supplement that feed with formula. :D Seems like perfect timing.

Thanks for your reply.

Im not ready to stop breastfeeding yet i'm just preparing for stopping but not actually stopping til she reaches 1year then I can move her to cows milk and hopefully her feeds will to be a minimum as she'll be feeding less. Also I've been advised not to drop any feeds, she has 4 breastfeeds at the moment and ive been told that thats fine for her age (I thought she was having more than she shout) therefore I don't really need to drop a feed either. We've begun preparing by encouraging her to self soothe etc.

I could supplement with formula but i've been told to feed off the breast as much as poss and pumping REALLY hurts and is near impossible at the mo so think it's easier to just feed her from breast.

I'm gunna wait until tomorrow in a the hope that theres another doctor on who knows more and maybe ring NHS direct in the mean time & see if they can suggest anything thats ok to take :think: x

I really can't offer advice just wanted to give you loads of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: -

Thanks guys, gunna give some homeopathic remedies a try first x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back