• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ive done something slightly crazy

gangofgin

Reaction score
well, i live with my flat mate at the moment in rented property and both of our names. we've both been here for 4 months now and since we've moved in, my flat mate has not paid a single penny towards the rent, bond, fridge/dryer we needed, shopping, bills ANYTHING AT ALL. anyway, its ended up she owed me £2000. a couple of weeks ago she gave me £1000 off what she owed me but since then ive had to get a few loads of shopping in and pay another months rent so she now owes me £1400 and has literally no way of paying me back because shes a mature student and spends her bursary on going out etc.
ive had lots of arguments with her recently saying i desperatly needed some of the money back and shes said she hasnt got it and still manages to go out!
she is also, possibly, the dirtiest person to live with ever. im not a clean freak or anything but i do have standards and my flat mate is just rock bottom on the whole cleaning and being tidy front.
i had an argument with her recently about her smoking infront of me now im pregnant because ive quit etc and shes been better with that.
anyway, i cleaned all my flat yesterday before i left because i went to stay with my parents over night and i just got back today and it looks like a bombs hit it. she also text me saying shes not gonna be home because she went out last night and is staying over at some blokes and may be back tomorrow. i had a bit of a discussion via text about her being able to give me some money back and her reply was 'spent everything i had last night, soz'

i kinda went a bit crazy to myself, instead of shouting at her because i dont want an argument
i went to the bathroom and scrubbed the walls of the toilet with her toothbrush and put it back where i found it.

i know this is completely mental and im debating going to chuck it away or replacing it because its wrong, but i cant help myself. plus she kinda deserves it. (in my mental eyes)

god i hope she never reads this forum

haha legend
dont throw it away make her use it and then tell her how well her tooth brush worked on the toilet seat
thats what i would do
and alot worse

lol my DH cleaned the toilet with his ex housemates tooth brush as pay back. Was very amusing, we put soap in his pasta while it was cooking and he ate the whole thing and even commented saying 'this tastes soapy' :rotfl:

I say good for you, she sounds like shes taking you for a ride TBH :hug:

hahaha thats made me chuckle!!!! keep the toothbrush there but dont let her see the satisfaction on your face when she uses it lol!!!!!

thats classic haha

xxxx

i 'accidently' knocked a cold cup of coffee off her window ledge in her bedroom all over her bed too.

i cant explain the joy im getting from being a total bitch today.

Let her use it as pay back and when you get the money back, tell her!!!!

Or kick her out and get new flatmate tht will pay their way

the problem is, i cant kick her out because both of our names are on the agreement.
i cant just pay half towards the rent because we are both liable for it so even though id be paying my half, if the second halfs not paid its still my problem
as for all the bills, the main of them are in both of our names apart from the telephone, which im gonna get on incoming calls only because big bills keep coming in. im also debating getting the net cut off and just using it round my boyfriends or parents.
december couldnt come round quick enough, thats when my contracts up.

lolol but you really need 2 have a word with her, (as in somehow throw her out or something) or she will just be back to her old ways once she stops spewing :rotfl:

Is it on record thhat you have paid all the rent each time- as if so the landlord might be able too step in and soon replace her with someone less sh*te.

I know probably you moved in together because you were friends- but you have to live too.

Or just say to her that it just isn't working?

I don't think this person will change for long, you might nag her and she'd be good for a bit, but then go back to her old ways.

where did you meet this person? she doesnt sound like a very good friend. I would wait till she has another night out steal her perse and take what ever money you can find. either that or find her card number and take everything she owes. Stop the accounts and just run away :rotfl: Shes taking you for a fool.

ive spoken to the letting agency we use and explain to them and she advised me to cancel the standing order for the rent that goes out of my bank account and tell her this months rent will not be paid unless she pays it.
she told me that if the rent then doesnt get paid, she will contact me and we'll discuss other options then. i may say to them at that point, i will pay the rent if they could remove her from the flat.
im a bit upset as we were really good friends before this, she had got her problems and uses that as an excuse but everyone else has their problems too, its just the most people dont shit all over their friends

sounds like she's really pushed you to the limit, I hope you manage to get it sorted :hug:

If you just say to her 'look this just isn't working' or something, maybe you will get her to agree and move out.

Even if you break friends over this I'm sure you'll make up again- next time she wants something :lol:

I feel for you, my ex housemate was EXACTLY like that, I just wish I'd had the guts to scrub the toilet with her toothbrush! She was the dirtiest person I'd ever come across, she wouldn't do any washing up, she preferred to leave the dirty ones on the side until they grew mould. I had a really nice china popcorn bowel which someone gave me for Christmas and she used it to put pasta in as there were no clean dishes and only ate half of it - the rest was left on the side for god knows how long, I'd moved out before she'd washed it up. My mum had given us all the plates/cutlery and I couldn't take them when I left cause they were all mouldy. I didn't eat alot whilst living there..then there was the toilet, it was a funny one cause you had to hold the handle down for about 5 seconds so everything got flushed away..she didn't do it so the next person to use the toilet would find a nice big floater in there..or blood on the toilet seat..her room was a tip, yet more dirty dishes, and one night she got so drunk she was sick in her bed and just turned the mattress over and went back to sleep then cleaned it with kitchen cleaner the next day..or attempted to. She never had money and I stupidly bailed her out all the time despite being on a £600 a month wage and in £2500 of debt. Oh yeah, she never went to work either and preferred going out every evening, getting drunk and bringing random blokes home, and with her room being right next to mine I heard EVERYTHING and when I complained it was me who was in the wrong, even though it was me who had to get up at 6:30 to work the next morning!!
I think you should just pay half the rent from now until you leave, if hers doesn't get paid then she's going to be the one who's in trouble. Don't do her washing, don't buy her food. At the end of the day she shouldn't have moved out if she didn't have the money. You need to think of you and the baby, the extra money will come in handy hun :hug:

its good the letting agency are on your side and are helping you with it.
i couldnt honestly do that to one of my friends i world feel so guilty leaving my friend up s**ts creak!
undo the plumbing in the washer so she cannot use it and when u go out of the house take the fuse out of the boiler plug so she cannot use the hot water...that should teach her

we've been in here 4 months and shes actually washed up twice. i counted.
all the cutlery and everything is mine and i doubt i'll take any of it for when i live with my boyfriend. i went to stay with my boyfriend for 2 weeks and when i came back, she'd used every pot and left it on the side. i ended up throwing all the pans away because the smell was really gross and they were all growing things inside...id never have used them again, my mum had bought me those too.

oh and the day after i found out i was pregnant, i had a bit of an argument with her about noise levels at night, and how if she resepcts i want to sleep i will respect that she wants to. she then threw a dirty plate at me and i ignored it and she then threw a sharp knife and ran off screaming. she didnt stay here that night.
the most irritating thing is i was the one to text her to clear the air, because i hate falling out and arguments, gets me down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back