I've been bold and.....

jomc

Reaction score
.....pulled a sickie from work!

Woke up this morning and just thought I couldn't face the place today. Idiot of a general manager is back from 2 weeks off and I just cant deal with him. My line manager is alright but buries herself in reports and leaves me to deal with all the questions from other members of staff/phonecalls etc. We are short staffed as two are on hols so technically only me, another girl and my line manager in.

I feel sorry for the other girl being on her own today .... but not sorry enough to go in!

I don't even get paid for sick days so feel bad as well for losing a days wages but I'm at that point where I just dont care.

I'm only in til Thursday as well as OH and I are going away on a Babymoon on friday morning for the weekend :)

Bold !!!

Lol, if you can't pull a sickie when you're pregnant when can you? Enjoy the day, put your feet up and eat loads of cake.....thats my plan anyway xxxxxxxx

Lol, if you can't pull a sickie when you're pregnant when can you? Enjoy the day, put your feet up and eat loads of cake.....thats my plan anyway xxxxxxxx

Im eyeing up the caramel digestive biscuits in the fridge ;)

yeah dont feel bad at all ! enjoy it! x

My sister is exactly the same pregnancy stage and is taking today off too... Had to look twice to see if you were the same person. :)

Am jealous too... :)

ive been off sick for a week, hate my company and they moaned about me being sick so i just took the week off

I think sometimes it just has to be done lol
A bit of "me" time :) ... well, me and a bag of Doritos and piri-piri humous :rofl:

i REALLY considered doing the same today as well! i was so close but at the last minute decided to come in. i know how u feel though, i can't wait to finish now and i like my job, my colleagues and the place but i want my year off!! xxx

i REALLY considered doing the same today as well! i was so close but at the last minute decided to come in. i know how u feel though, i can't wait to finish now and i like my job, my colleagues and the place but i want my year off!! xxx

me too... Im finishing 28th Oct as Im taking 4 weeks hols and then my mat pay kicks in two weeks before my due date. Im counting down the days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back