HR Advice...

Chazabell

Reaction score
Can any of you ladies help?

I have my HyCosy aprox WC 16th Jan.

I have informed my line manager (Reigonal Manager) that i have some 'tests' that week, and would require a couple of days off afterwards (as i may be sore, or depressed lol) and that i would like to bring my weeks holiday forward to cover this, then my rosters arent impacted so much.

My manager ignored this email.

He then emailed to say we have a meeting on 17th Jan which is compulsary. So i emailed him again to remind him about my appointment and wanting to move my holidays.

He replied with......Tell them to avoid booking the 17th. If the tests are for something serious, you MUST discuss this with me then i will have no issue with you taking this time off.

I shouldnt have to discuss anything like this with my line manager if it is not impacting my work, or the business, and im not ill, should i?

Its of a personal nature.

If he finds out im TTC he could try his best to work me out of the business as he wont want a Manager swanning off for 9 months!

Can you offer any advice???

I work in HR chick and can tell you your manager has absolutely no need to know what your tests are for and you are NOT obliged to tell him. If you can't make this meeting on the 17th it's not the end of the world, just tell him it's personal and you can't re-schedule.

I'd actually officially contact your companies HR department and then inform him of what they say so that he knows that you know your rights.

It's shocking what goes on.

he is looking out for himself, wanting to know what is going on to cover his own back, what a disgrace!!

hun you dont need to tell him at all. my manager was perfectly satisfied with just tests and helped me take the time off when i needed it. Unfortunatly due to my breakdown last month i felt i had to inform them!

Honestly he has no right to know so dont be pressured into it xxx

I'm with the other ldies - you do not need to tell him what the tests are for...its none of his business!!

If he doens't agree or carries on being an arse I'd take it to a higher level...that'll teach him!!

xx

Hi hun,

I would think it would be reasonable for him to ask for an appointment letter/card, that is the only thing. I would definitely speak to your own HR department though and ask what the stance is.

xx

What an A-Hole.

I would personally email back and say the tests are serious, you have to have them on the dates you mentioned in your prior email and you do not wish to discuss the nature of the tests.

I would also reiterate that you are taking these days as holiday, you have already checked the rota to make sure work cover is complete etc...

Is there anyway as a concession you can offer to log in for this meeting via conference call? We have the option to do this where I work.

Although he sounds like such an arse I'd be inclined to not offer him any kind of concession.

I am so sorry people like this are making what is already a tough time all that much harder for you!

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I agree with the other ladies hun, I work in hr too and it's your right to keep any medical information confidential unless it is affecting your work. Explain the holiday compromise and simply don't budge on it.

If you absolutely have to tell him, there is no way he can try and manage you out of the business, this is why we have employee rights and unions.

Defo get in touch with your hr dept, if they are rightful they would give you the same advice, and can shove it down his throat lol

Good luck x x x

Thanks girls.

My OH is fuming at what he has said and i have printed out the emails to keep a record of what an arse he can be.

If he does not allow me to move my holidays i will simply get my Dr to write a note saying i need a day or 2 off, i have already been struggling with stress over this, i dont need more!

Didnt manage to get through to HR today so will try again tomorrow.

I know that if a member of my team asks me for time off like this i dont question it, if they haven't said why.....its confidential!

Also had to deal with a snooty customer who told me she 'doesnt care what i have to say' then called me an obnoxious cow :shock: love my job!!

xxxxx

Oh dear! Gotta love the public lool! What sector are you in?

At least you are trying to be flexible, I'm exactly the same and when ive had my private appts I feel guilty at leaving early, starting late and always work extra to make it up! But then some of our employees have to take time off without reason or adequate notice and our hands are tied!

Keep us posted x x x

Retail Manager, had a customer arguing that a product she bought from us was faulty and we had tested it and found no fault whatsoever so was not refunding it and off she went, idiot!

Im planning a change, taking up baking :) xx

What an idiot indeed! I hate 'the customer is always right' such bs lol I'm in retail too and the ups and downs defo keep me on my toes! Can't wait to get my bfp and go down to part time!

Cake baking is the most fun, defo a great field to be in, so pretty lol

Xxx

I totally agree with the other ladies! Hope things sort out for you!

Keep us posted!

xx

Yeah take up baking hun, it's relaxing, people don't shout at you when they're stuffing their face with cake :) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back