Keeping in touch days

Lulabell

Reaction score
Has anyone taken any or planning to? I have been asked if I could come in and cover a week while my line manager is on hols in June. I've said yes but told them that I can only do half days. I'm already dreading it but 3 of the days I'll be working, my hubby has off. So will be nice for him to have some one on one time with his boy. :) Just got to sort out the remaining two days now.

Ha they'd be lucky! I don't get paid enough for me to go in when I could be with little man. The joys of bfing tho he'd have to come with me as he won't take a bottle!

I am. My last day is the day before my due date officially but I will be working (I'm currently involved in a research project that I need to work on) until I'm in labour. I will also be going back in for meetings and some learning sessions x

lol my work havent contacted me since dec except for the new manager of the old place i worked turns up once a week or my signature on a cheque as im still one of the 2 signatories for that house!

I pre empted this and told them not to bother me until 6 weeks before my mat leave ended :)

I'm hoping to use all my kit days, try using one a month if I can. Could do with the money more than anything. The extra day's wage each month will really help as my company car will eat most of my SMP. :(

I've done one day. My parents looked after G, it was fine and meant some extra cash for me. I didn't really do any work, just walked around chatting to people. I'm a software developer, and writing any software in a day is not very realistic anyway :)

Didn't, wouldn't & couldn't have anyway! Not unless I wanted to do filing as all my security access got suspended the day I went on maternity leave so I can technically only get in the door but can't use a pc or anything

I used 1 a week in my last 4 weeks off. They were quite useful really to ease back into things and get lo's arrangements sorted out.

Haven't officially booked any yet but i'm planning to. Think it's a good way to integrate back into work and i'll get paid for them which will come in useful when my maternity pay goes down x

I don't understand is this something our employers have to agree to?

I don't believe they are obligated to offer you kit days (I may be wrong) x

No you don't have to take them. It's completely up to you. You can have up to 10 kit days. You get paid for them. I thought the extra cash would be nice considering we are moving house at beginning of June which is going to be costly.x

I've got 5 next month :( my company is under going major changes and if I miss the training it will make my return really difficult.
I want the money but don't want to leave sam!! Dh is having 3.5 days off and my dad will have him for 1.5 xx

I did them and found it was really useful and a good way to get used to going back to work

We do keeping in touch by phone, i'm the same as Tinks (think your a civil servant too aren't you?) I can get in building but dont have security permission to get onto computers so I speak to my boss on the phone on 2 occasions b4 I go back, for a catch up, had 1 so far

xxxxxxx

We do keeping in touch by phone, i'm the same as Tinks (think your a civil servant too aren't you?) I can get in building but dont have security permission to get onto computers so I speak to my boss on the phone on 2 occasions b4 I go back, for a catch up, had 1 so far

xxxxxxx

That I am :)
I do mine by email but went in last week for an hour to make sure my part time hours are updated otherwise I'll get overpaid for May. I'm sure it should happen more often but changes (gossip) always manages to get back to me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back