I've been a brave busy bee

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
I'm at my mums for the night and taken advantage of her laptop being out and on (as I'm too lazy to turn ours on at home, I do all my PFing off my IPhone!) I've just been googling babygroups and activities in my local area, trying to find something to do to keep me entertained now and next year when little man comes!

So far I've found

Monday - a bumps and baby group in Uxbridge (which is a short tube journey away, only has steps at one end so need to get over that obstical!) between 1pm and 3pm.
Tuesday - Buggy Fit Ruislip Lido. Can use the opportunity to get baby out in the fresh air and loose the tummy at the same time. Starts at 10.45am.
Wednesdays - Baby belles, a local (ish) church ran group. I e-mailed the lady today and she got back to me instantly reccomending groups, prices and times etc! I've just e-mailed her back asking if she'd mind me popping down now, preggo to meet some of the mums.

The brave bit is now and I want you all to make sure I do this!

I was thinking about popping to the bumps and baby group this monday! I can be quite shy about meeting new people but I think because I've moved and don;t really know anyone it would be good to go? Maybe? It's not hugely local but it would mean me getting out the house for a couple of hours iykwim??

What do you ladies think?? Also if the lady from the baby belles agree's I'd like to pop down there, again my shyness rears its head!!!

Like you, I have just moved to this area and know no one, if I could find a group like that round here I would go! Will be lovely to meet people for once baby gets here so you can take them out together etc. You have to do it x

Yes you have to do it! I am the same an reluctant as quite shy around people i don't know so generally hate those types of things. But i am going to try and do the same x

I don't know anyone here either, but all I can think of is to make some time off baby duty to work!!!

I need to look up groups around here. The childrens centre where I did my NCT classes had loads of things to do but it's actually going. I was meant to go to a baby and bump meeting on Tuesday but ended up needing to see the mw so couldn't go x

Go for it!
I've lived here for 7years and still hardly know anyone, actually make that no-one, LOL!
x

well done you! i need to do this as i want some nice things to keep me occupied during the week. i am so worried about lounging round the flat with no make up on all week and in my 'house clothes'. i'm gonna have a look too! xx

I'd just feel so shy about it lol!! No baby to hide behind!!

Just been invited to a group called tuesday tots to meet the mums this Tuesday!

Gawd, you're organised! I haven't even looked into that yet :blush: x

Thats great - go for it.

Im gonna have a nosey round after xmas to see what we have up here. Although i guess i know quite a few folk in the town most of my friends are in their 50s/60s, so not exactly any kids going about (apart from the occasional grandchild!) I really wanna meet some newish mums.

xxx

Ive had a look at some but I think ill be too shy to go :(!

I went to the teenage mums group when I was pregnant with DS1 (10 years ago), and I just broke down crying they were all scummy mummys and I thought I was going to give birth and suddenly become Vicky Pollard, I didn't.

You're brave going to them before baby's even here. I was told I should go the the breastfeeding cafe near me before the baby was born to talk to the mums.....errrrm no.

I want to go to baby sign language classes but they're only for kids with speech and language problems at my local centre. I also want to find a nice baby massage class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back