I've been a bit of an idiot!

mishi

Reaction score
Ladies,
I've got myself into a bit of a tiz this morning. Following our heartbreaking decision to end our pregnancy (3 weeks ago tomorrow) due to medical reasons, hubby and I had a long chat and decided we would try again once AF has been and gone at least once.
We bd'd on Sunday, Monday and yesterday but when I went to the loo this morning I have EWCM and ov pains on my right!! I wasn't even thinking I would ovulate so soon after my procedure. I know it's unlikely but what if I catch? Is it not too soon? Will my uterus be ok for egg to implant? Etc etc, oh sh*t am I driving myself crazy this morning!!! Ive had a google and there seems to be conflicting evidence about waiting a few cycles. I thiink we have just been bd'g for so long without contraception we didn't even think about it and now I feel like an idiot for not thinking.....:wall2:

hey hun :hugs: there is no actual evidence to suggest you should wait, i have been told 1, 2 , 3 months etc and when i asked doctors said it was for my mental state more than physical

providing there has been no complications following your loss then i dont see why you cant try sweety, some evidence suggests we are more fertile after a MC so who knows

sorry for your loss sweety

You will be ok :hug: if your body is not ready it will just not happen ths month. Good luck and sorry for your loss

Hi sweetie,

As far as I am aware the Dr's only tell us to wait as it makes it easier to date next pregnancy.

Sadly I did get pregnant 2 cycles in a row and yes they did both end in (early) miscarriage BUT so many women on here went on to have healthy pregnancies the very next cycle after a m/c.

I know what happened to you was very different BUT as Hope says I think we need ot trust our bodies and if it's not right it won't happen until it is?

xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you lovely ladies.xx

Hey I'm in the same boat. We had a miscarriage almost 3 weeks ago now, Geez i can't believe it has been that long. Anyway the first time we had intercourse last weekend the condom broke and the OPK my husband said do just to ease my mind came up positive. And yes the day after the EWCM started to come in. Now we're back on the two week wait. I have the day I can test written on the calendar ready.

As hope said, your body will decide if its ready or not, everything crossed for you ladies xxx

Just so you know this has helped me a little bit. I know about 5 people who have got pregnant before their first period after a natural miscarriage, D&C and one a still birth and everyone of them has got healthy children. One of those people was my mother inlaw. She lost her first pregnancy had to have a D&C and got pregnant with my husband before she had a period and she was 38 at the time. She was worried at the time that she had waited too long.

Mishi its great to hear that you are feeling positive enough to start ttc again! Good for you!
Your body will make the decision about whether or not babies will start to stick. Its sort of out of your hands in that view... but I always felt that strangely reassuring. I could do my best to get my body into that 'state' and if my body wanted to have a baby, then a little baby would stick! It gave me a great surge for this pregnancy too, where others may see my 'situation' as negative... I realised that if my body had not wanted this strong cheeky monkey, she would not have been made, and she would not still be in there!

Don't punish yourself or call yourself silly! You have been through enough crap recently!!!! Be happy and enjoy ttc again! Its better when youre having fun doing it! Hahah!

Mishi its great to hear that you are feeling positive enough to start ttc again! Good for you!
Your body will make the decision about whether or not babies will start to stick. Its sort of out of your hands in that view... but I always felt that strangely reassuring. I could do my best to get my body into that 'state' and if my body wanted to have a baby, then a little baby would stick! It gave me a great surge for this pregnancy too, where others may see my 'situation' as negative... I realised that if my body had not wanted this strong cheeky monkey, she would not have been made, and she would not still be in there!

Don't punish yourself or call yourself silly! You have been through enough crap recently!!!! Be happy and enjoy ttc again! Its better when youre having fun doing it! Hahah!

Thanks sweets, I'm still a bit up and down but definitely feeling more positive about things. I hope you and that cheeky monkey of yours are doing ok?

You're an angel and always give me good advice and support, so I'm going to take it and have some fun tcc and try to stop stressing!xx

Last edited:
Hi Mishi,

Lovely to see you!!! :) I wouldn't worry at all hun, your body knows when it is ready. It took me two cycles after my m/c last october. Every woman is different. Google can be helpful but there is so much conflicting information and research out there I honestly think that you should take alot of it with a pinch of salt.

Hope you are keeping well, and goodluck!!! Let us know how everything works out!! xxxxxx

Don't worry mishi it's nice to see you, hope you get your bfp vvvv soon though xxxx

Hi Mishi,

Lovely to see you!!! :) I wouldn't worry at all hun, your body knows when it is ready. It took me two cycles after my m/c last october. Every woman is different. Google can be helpful but there is so much conflicting information and research out there I honestly think that you should take alot of it with a pinch of salt.

Hope you are keeping well, and goodluck!!! Let us know how everything works out!! xxxxxx

Thanks Hon, hope all is well with you too.xx

Last edited:
sorry to hear about your loss hun. wishin you all the luck in the world for another bfp soon :):)

sorry to hear about your loss hun. wishin you all the luck in the world for another bfp soon :):)

Thanks honey, how are you? Are you ttc again? If so wishing you lots of luck and :dust: xx

ye im good thanks :) im in my first 2ww now since my loss so fx :), hopefully we'll both be back in tri 1 again soon xxx

ye im good thanks :) im in my first 2ww now since my loss so fx :), hopefully we'll both be back in tri 1 again soon xxx

I hope so babes, although I think I may just lurk and if all is well at 12 week scan and bloods just go straight into Tri 2!! Tri 1 is scareee!!

Glad your doing ok sweets and I'll be keeping my fx for your BFP.xxx

Hi Mishi....first of all so sorry for your loss.

On a positive note though I am one of those people that didn't wait! Like you, it wasn't intentional we just didn't think about contraception!!

I had a natural MC on 1st March and got my BFP on 31st March!! As you can't see from my ticker I now have Stanley as a result!! As others have said, doctors normally tell you to wait as there's less confusion on dating etc and also for your mental state!! But if you feel ready and there were no complication then why not!!! Good Luck hun xxxx

Hi Mishi....first of all so sorry for your loss.

On a positive note though I am one of those people that didn't wait! Like you, it wasn't intentional we just didn't think about contraception!!

I had a natural MC on 1st March and got my BFP on 31st March!! As you can't see from my ticker I now have Stanley as a result!! As others have said, doctors normally tell you to wait as there's less confusion on dating etc and also for your mental state!! But if you feel ready and there were no complication then why not!!! Good Luck hun xxxx

Thanks Hun. I'm trying not to stress. What will be, will be. Thank you for your positive story though and congrats on your beautiful baby :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back