Iugr

xxClaire_24xx

Reaction score
Hi Girls

just wondred if anyone had had IUGR in pregnancy - Intrauterine Growth Restrition or heard if their baby had hyperextened neck in the womb

If so what was the outcome and were the weight measurements on the growth scans correct against the actual birth weight

thanks xx

I don't know if it's the same but my placenta stopped feeding my Alexander for a while I was too he would be very small and they were considering taking him out at 35 weeks luckily he picked up slightly they told me he would be 6lb MAX at birth and was born 8lb 3oz just three days after he was due and they tol me cholé was going to be small but not placenta or anything just small but she was 8lb 12oz at 12 days over due x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there, that was what was put in my notes after birth for the reason Ella came 4 weeks early - I had been having growth scans. She was 4lbs 12 at birth and now 6 weeks later is doing great at over 8lbs.

thanks girls been feeling fine about all the growthscans Ive been having weekly til yest and I just feel stressed and emotional and hardly slept last night, not sure if its just cause she is going tp be here in 2 weeks and they arent sure why she is so small xx

Hi Hun, I my son was IUGR and born at 33 weeks because of that and pre eclampsia. He was just under 3lb when born. I had an emergency c section and he spent a couple of nights in ICU then onto Special Care unit then about 3.5weeks later we had him home weighing 4lb. We were advised to prepare for possible kidney and heart defects but to date he has only needed tonsils out and grometts in. He is now a healthy, happy 7 year old, loves his karate and rugby and is attaining above average grades in all subjects at school. I know it's easy to say but please don't worry, the NHS staff were and are fantastic in the care given to him 7 years ago, I can only assume medical knowledge has advanced since then and your LO will be fine. Good luck and big hugs to you both xx

the hospital told me that my babies suffer with IUGR, but at full term they not really been that small and the growthscans have actually been a pound and a half out when i was scanned 2 days before giving birth, the weights i thought were normal 5lb12, 6lb 8, 4lb 6 but prem at 33weeks, 6lb 15 and 6lb 13. also my children are all small for their age my eldest who is 14 in 2 weeks is 1m 38 and in age 9/10 clothes which is really small for his age but he is fine with it now i used to have to cut out his labels of his clothes so he didn't know the size, but i am only 5ft 1 so never expected giants. I hope everything works out fine for you. i think like anytig there are different degrees of things.

Prob didn't help that you finally got your due date hun, they have moved the goal posts for you week after week as she did well, so all of a sudden you have a date, which would make me panic.

In two weeks she will be here, it does feel soon, but don't panic, you can't help but worry as they can't see the reason, but she will be well looked after once she is out and can be checked out, and prob just small, no other reason.

Make sure you buy a few smaller baby grows hun, and plenty of little hats to keep her body heat in

i was taking my growth scans to literal until i spoke to mw about it, i was worried i was going to be pushing an elephant out, but she explained to me that they are 9/10 wrong.. they can only estimate weight.. they can be 1lb out either side so now my minds at ease :) x

thanks everyone, I hope that they are a pound under in the weight cause if its under then that means she will only be 2lb!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back