Its Polycystic Ovaries - UPDATE 19/01

Flossie

Reaction score
Hi Everybody, well I had my ultrasound today and i have PCOS :sad: .

I dont know how bad yet but I have my consultant appointment tuesday so I will probably get more info then and see what she suggests next. I'm hoping she puts me on clomid.

Im gutted but in a way at least I have a reason. But anybody with experience of the treatments given to help ttc, or success stories I would really like to see them.

Thanks xx

19/01 - Seen the consultant today, a different one but he was really nice. Apparently you need 2 out of 3 criteria to be diagnosed and of course I have all 3!! :mad: They are still going to do a laproscopy to check everything is healthy with my womb and tubes etc so I am just waiting for a date now. In the mean time he has suggested I lose a bit of weight, Im not heavily overweight or anything but could stand to lose a bit. Even losing a small amount could apparently bring on ovulation as I am not ovulating at all at the moment :-(
If my periods dont start then he will look to put me on treatment to induce them but was reluctant to do so straight away because of the associated risks. So I am totally determined to stick to a diet and get my periods back naturally if I can!! (I cant believe im actually going to be happy to see :witch:)
I just hope it happens soon, Im fed up of waiting to get back to normal now :-(

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the PCOS. I dont have any advice but I wanted to say I agree with you that at least you have something to work from now. :hug:

sorry to hear this hope you get all the answers you need on tuesday and wishing you all the best lots of love x

Flossie,

I got diagnosed with PCOS after quite alot of tests and an ultrasound scan. I was so deppressed about it as I had been reading lots on web about it affecting your fertility! Hubby and I had been ttc for about 3 yrs with no success. Saw my consultant and he put me on clomid, I am now over 3 months pregnant. It took me 4 cycles to catch but im over the moon now. Try not to get to down about it because if you do get put on clomid....IT REALLY WORKS! Have you been ttc for a long time? xx

Flossie,

I got diagnosed with PCOS after quite alot of tests and an ultrasound scan. I was so deppressed about it as I had been reading lots on web about it affecting your fertility! Hubby and I had been ttc for about 3 yrs with no success. Saw my consultant and he put me on clomid, I am now over 3 months pregnant. It took me 4 cycles to catch but im over the moon now. Try not to get to down about it because if you do get put on clomid....IT REALLY WORKS! Have you been ttc for a long time? xx

Hi Erin,

Thanks for this, its just what I needed to hear. We've been ttc for 2 years. I really I hope I come away with something to help tomorrow. I was supposed to be going in to discuss a laporoscopy but im not sure if they'll still do this now. But I'll post an update.

Thanks Again and Congratulations x

hello flossy and welcome:dance:

sorry to hear ur news..... but atleast u no wats goin on now.

thats great u have ur follow up app so soon....

good luck and keep us updated....

lots and lots of :dust:

Hi Flossie,

I'm new to this too!

I have been told I have mild Pcos after having a scan with Bupa.

Went back to see my GP 3 weeks ago and after breaking down in a bit of a mess I have been put on Metforim and Clomid.

I haven't had AF since start of Oct, so was told to just start the tablets! day 2 and day 3 of taking tablets I had dark brown blood only spotting and tiny blood clots! sorry to much info! only lasted 2 days... not sure if that is classed as AF? What do you think? Took the clomid for 5 days. Carrying on taking the Metformin.

I have had the worse sharp stabbing pains in my left side 3 days in a row now not sure what means either!
Help!!

Was told to go for blood test on day 21 if AF came?

Be good to share and get advice, hope it works out for you!!

Good Luck! xx

I've been trying not to post on this but I do have to say, PCOS sucks :wall2: There are a lot of women I know who have it and have had perfectly decent pregnancies, which I think is ace :yay: so don't get despondent.

I've got PCOS but will never have the option of taking Clomid/Metaformin, so it's "nature's way" if I never have a baby - fair do's.

Chin up, chicken, and hope it all happens for you soon :hug:

hope everythings ok, didnt wanna read and run.

the human body sucks sometimes eh? Hope you get a BFP soon xx

Hi Everyone, sorry for not responding, ive been without my internet!

Thanks for the replies, ive posted a quick update in the ttc section - and yes it does suck!! you never consider these things till it happens to you.

Danni - how have you got on? sorry i wasnt around but i probably couldnt have helped much anyway as I havent been given any medication yet.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back