Its official...its maternity clothing from now on

saz-jay

Reaction score
Week 22 and now i'm in maternity jeans, its official, i can no longer wear my old jeans anymore :(
But the thing is, my maternity jeans are too loose so i spend half the time pulling them up! Ive got the ones with the buttons inside so they can be adjustated but even on the smallest there falling down, so now i'm too big for normal jeans and too small for maternity jeans!! If i'm not careful i'll be commiting indescent exposure to some poor unlucky folk soon :lol:
When did everyone have to finally give up their "normal" clothes and slip into maternity wear?

ive been in maternity for a few weeks now
with Thomas i was in them from about 4 months
you do grow into them quite quickly though so dont worry about them being too loose at the moment
xx

I have been in maternity wear since about 15/16 weeks as I got my bump very early on! I can't wear my normal jeans anymore and seem to spend half my life in leggings! I spend more on maternity tunic style tops and longer tops to wear over leggings and show off my big bump hehe! xxx

I have a pair of over the bump jeans, red herring ones from debenhams, they are the comfiest pair I have, I find the stretcy side ones dig in and give me a bumpy shape whereas the over the bump ones look more like normal years. I love tunic tops as well, DP's have a nice one in black and a green one at the mo, £14 with 3/4 length sleeves (hides bingo wings) and comes to mid thigh, with a scoop neck, I like to wear a vest under to layer it, its got a tie at the back too, I love it!

Bring on the tunic tops!

Does anyone know where I can get good leggings from though?

Theres nothing of me, so by 12 weeks I was nowhere near being able to do up my jeans, but wore long tops to cover the fact taht my jeans were undone.. but 16weeks I gave up and bought maternity stuff...

scones said:
I have a pair of over the bump jeans, red herring ones from debenhams, they are the comfiest pair I have, I find the stretcy side ones dig in and give me a bumpy shape whereas the over the bump ones look more like normal years. I love tunic tops as well, DP's have a nice one in black and a green one at the mo, £14 with 3/4 length sleeves (hides bingo wings) and comes to mid thigh, with a scoop neck, I like to wear a vest under to layer it, its got a tie at the back too, I love it!

Bring on the tunic tops!

New Look do lovely leggings :) I get all mine from there and they last ages! xxx

My clothes fit first thing in the morning but by home time I'm sore and restricted. I wore maternity trousers to work a couple of weeks ago but they're too short to wear with flats which I have to wear due to buggering my back. I also gave up and wore maternity combats yesterday and OMG they were so comfy!

I should point out that I'm still at least 1lb down on pre-pregnancy weight even though I have a good baby belly and my boobs are like beach balls. I can't put weight on these days which I guess I should be grateful for.

Today is jammie bottoms, vest and dressing gown as I'm coming down with a cold and can't take anything except paracetamol!

Maternity combats...where did you get them from? I miss my combats

scones said:

Bring on the tunic tops!

Next do some really nice maternity leggings Kate and they are good quality too. :D

I was in maternity jeans from about 15 weeks, definately earlier second time round!

ooh do they Jade, I will have a look, thanks :)

I got 2 pairs of maternity combats from mothercare, one black, one grey, they are comfy and quite thick too!

scones said:
ooh do they Jade, I will have a look, thanks :)

I got 2 pairs of maternity combats from mothercare, one black, one grey, they are comfy and quite thick too!

Thanks Scones, i'll have to find my nearest one and have a look :D

I saw some maternity combat pants in Dorothy Perkins today :)

H&M do nice maternity stuff including leggings, but their sizes are dreadfully misleading, they all fit very small. I am normally a size 16 and in H&M maternity clothes I am a 22! :eek:

Sue

I bought some maternity jeans.. I bought "under bump" ones so they wont have to stretch too much to fit me in the last couple of months. They're not too loose but they have so much stretch in them. Feel so much better now that I have proper maternity trousers/jeans.. I am size 6 pre-pregnancy and trying to squeeze my slightly larger bum and thighs into size 6 jeans.. :?

:lol:

BTW... New Look do a FANTASTIC range in maternity wear.. they even do the belly bands in 3 different colours for £9 for the 3 of them. I wouldnt be seen out without one now...! lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back