It's just how I feel! I'm not wrong, just different.

Juice

Reaction score
I'm almost 7 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I can't help feeling that something is wrong and for that reason I am expecting a miscarriage. I hope with all of my heart that I'm wrong, but for now I'm trying to stay as detached as I can so that if it happens I am emotionally prepared.
However, my fiancé doesn't share my views and somehow believes that by thinking something bad is going to happen is MAKING it happen. I've tried explaining that it's simply a coping mechanism and in a few weeks time when the chance of miscarriage has decreased and we've had a scan to make sure everything is okay, I will feel better and will start to get excited.
He just thinks I'm being unnecessarily negative and that I should be happy and grateful that I'm finally pregnant after trying for 14 months.
I understand that he wants to get excited and I'm probably bringing him down, but he doesn't get that if this pregnancy goes wrong, I'm the one who has to deal with it physically, not just emotionally. Of course it will be devastating for both of us, but I'm the one who has to deal with the pain, the alien feelings, the erratic hormones...
I feel bad for him and what I'm putting him through, but I also feel bad for myself and what I have to go through to either have this baby, or not have this baby. I just wish I could make him understand.

Sorry for the rant. It feels good to get it all off my chest though.

Hey hun I know how u r feeling. I too am expecting the worse. I see it as if I expect then I cant get a nasty suprise but if all goes well then I get brilliant suprise :)
But I am like that with everything, I always expect the worse. My OH tells me off for thinking like this but I cant help it like u said its my way of coping about mot knowing I guess. Just keep strong hun, hormonea will be playing there part in this aswell and in a few weeks u may be able to relax a bit x best of luck and is I ever want to talk to some one who knows how u feel pm me :) x

It's a naturally reaction to protect yourself from hurt especially if it's taken you so long to concieve! I have had two losses and pretty much protected myself in my head until I held him in my arns! I think once you see the scan then it will be a lot easier xxx

OMG it's so good to know I'm not the only one!
It's so difficult sometimes trying to get men to understand something that they can't feel and are never going to experience. I want him with me throughout everything but sometimes I feel like just leaving him in the waiting room would be a better idea.
Ohhh but he's so bloody lovely! Why does he wind me up so much!?! lol
x x

I totally get where you are coming from. I've recently lost my baby and have decided that next time I get pregnant I am going to try not to get overally excited until 12 week scan comes back ok. It's sad to feel like you have to do that but I get it and feel the same now.

I too completely understand how u feel. Last year I had a mc at 6 weeks, and this time I won't allow myself to get excited at all. Its just o way of trying to protect yourself from the worst. Once I pass the 6 week mark I hope to relax a bit more but will still worry right up to the 12 week scan.I know its difficult but try to just live day to day and don't think too much about the future just yet until u feel slightly more positive. Best of luck x

Hi hon,

I recently lost my 4th baby and I have said to myself that if I get pregnant again and it works that I am not going to stop worrying until I hold that baby I will never stop worrying.

What you are feeling is normal hon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back