It's a ......

LouisecH

Reaction score
GIRLY!!!! :D :D :D

I had my scan yesterday, everything is fine and I'm having a girl. I'm so excited - I really didn't mind a boy or girl but it's so nice to say 'she' and 'her' now.

We got to see her in great detail - she was playing with her face and bouncing around as usual. The sonographer commented on her liveliness but it was nothing compared to her night time performances. I swear there was a disco in my belly last night. :lol:

My dates have stayed the same even though I'm the size of a 7 month pregnant woman (sigh) :roll: Can't wait for January!!!!

Louise

Aww congratulations!! I can't wait to find out. I think its lovely to be able to say he or she. You can think about names and everything now :D

Congrats!!

have you got any pics we can see?

Thanks!!!

No I don't have any pictures. I didn't take cash with me (I've never been charged when I've gone for my cervical scans so was unprepared for the £5 a photo part).
I'm not too worried because I have cervical scans every two weeks and I do have some from 17 weeks which are lovely and I'll try to post.

Thats wonderful!!!!

(I would have said that either way, but its always wonderful!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D )

I have just two weeks to go til I find out.

:D :D

It'll go quickly Sarah (sorry that's probably a lie). :lol:

I was convinced she was a boy - so much for motherly instinct. Hope that sharpens up!

Still, i can confirm that the chinese chart, the midwife and the juice and sweet cravings were all correct.

All my dreams were about baby boys which my husband assured me meant that it would be a girl - according to him you dream of the opposite to what you're expecting. So he was right too.

Well I have been on four of those chinese charts and two of them said a girl and two said a boy so I am pretty clueless there!

Which one gave you the correct prediction?

yay :) have you picked any names?

I feel as though i'm having a girl but i'll probably be wrong too!!

Hi

Thank you Amber Nicole and TorriElla.

I'm not sure about names at the moment. I was in such a flap because I was sure it was a boy and I didn't have a single boys name in mind that I didn't really think about girls names.
I'm not worried because there are so many girls names I like. At the moment we're thinking that Zara is a strong possibility (needs to be an Asian name which works in the UK).

I didn't think I could get more excited about this baby but since the last scan the levels have gone through the roof :lol:

Hi Louise, congratulations on the girl :D

I thought I was having a boy, but I was wrong and I am expecting a girl too. I haven't got a clue on names, I had a boys name sorted so I'm stuck now, although I am very pleased I am having a girl.

Hi there Louise, congrats on the news of your ickle girl.
We were told we are having a little girl too but the sonographer said it was 95% that we were having a girl. Thats the highest she could give as if it was a boy they can give 100%. Did they say that to you at all? My hubby has been convinced from day one that its a girl but Im still wondering whether it will pop out a little boy!!! Crazy I know. But Ive also been out and bought some girlie things, really couldnt resist!!!!

The sonographer wouldn't give us any percentages becuase the hospital is scared of being sued if they get it wrong :lol: I promised not to but she wouldn't say. She did seem pretty sure and the consultant for my cervix said he thought it was a girl but wasn't sure at 17 weeks so I've decided to trust them. I'll just keep the receipts for any clothes I buy just in case!

Awww Louise! That is great news!
Have you decided on names yet?
Sarah - have you had your scan results yet?
So excited for you both!
Lucyx

Congratulations!!!
I've just found out I'm having a wee girly too, it is a wonderful feeling isn't it?!!

congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Have you got names already?

Mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27