• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

itchy??

lillou

Reaction score
since yesterday morning i cannot stop itching my arms, legs, belly, back, hands! :cry:

i read the link above and have started worrying its OC, i had blooods taken on Tuesday as there was a problem with the labelling on my 28 week bloods so they had to be repeated, if this itching is something to worry about will it show up in my blood from then? should i wait another day and phone the mw if it continues? it is really really hot here at the moment (25 yesterday) so that could be the cause couldnt it?

hey hun, i am the same, but mine is my legs and tum, i have scratched them so much i have broken skin in a few areas. I had my 28 week check up last week and asked if this was OC after reading the thread but midwife said no and its rare but if i get itchy palms and bottoms ofmy feet to call her. she said the itching is due to swelling where we have increased blood circulation. i also have siatica and the side i get my shooting pains down itch even more. im sure you are fine hun and it is probably down to the swelling like mine but it is alway best to check. :hug:

I had itching and the midwife tested for OC. My blood was borderline so they repeated and it was v. slightly raised. I went to the antenatal day clinic and got more tests and everything turned out fine. I am convinced that the itching was more to do with swelling and heat but it was good to get reassurance on that. The staff were nice and didn't make me feel like I was wasting their time. I don't think that the bloods are routinely tested for liver enzymes so you should contact your midwife to check and you may be asked to go have more blood taken.

I'm all itchy now just thinking about it :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back