Itchy Palm madness!

shesmurf

Reaction score
i know this sounds a bit bizzare but has anyone esle been experiencing itchy palms? It's driving me a bit mad, seems to happen mostly in the evening before bed...

Check it out with your midwife, they always ask if your itching (some condition that I can't remember the name of)

I'm sure it's ok, but best to check it out. :)

Bexie - the condition you are thinking off could be Obstetric cholestasis. there is a sticky about it in 3rd tri.

I had this with alice, and it itching started about 25 weeks, but didn't get to the point where i had to mention it till a few weeks later (i was tested at 28 weeks).

Thanks ladies, I wasn't expecting it could be anything big. I'm not one to go to the docs (ever really) but been pretty good since I've been pregnant. Went to the docs on the third day of a migrane a few weeks ago (having never had one before) and was a bit freaked out when he said he was checking me for a brian haemorrhage! needless to say it was put down to hormones after a check up but sometimes I think they can get you overly worried about nothing.
I should really be going to the MW next week but I'm on a training course with work that was already booked and paid for, boss wouldn't be too chuffed if I said I couldn't go (it's non-refundable and there is no other course til the new year) so went for next available app which wasn't until following week.
Had a look on the website for the royal college of obstetricians for Obstetric Cholestasis, says it doesn't usually affect women until you reach 28weeks (and I'm only 16). It's pretty rare for women from white british ethinic groups (only 1%). Might give the surgery a ring and see if they think I should go in just to be sure though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back