Itchy Belly

charlie26

Reaction score
FFS ITS DRIVING ME MADDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

Had a dream last night i was scratching my belly so hard it was bleeding then i woke up covered in stretch marks.

As soon as i woke up i got oh to look at my belly, i was too scared, luckily everything was ok but its so frigging itchy!!!

xxx

I had this too and itched to the point i made my stomach bleed :(

Hope it stops soon for you xx

Did u get stretch marks jo? I was up at 2am putting cream on :( xxx

I had this, although I got stretch marks, my midwife said it was more than likely hormones that caused it, its quite common xx

My midwife said the other day it was my belly stretching, I said to her it can;t possibly stretch anymore than it has i'll explode :)

I get this but have had no stretch marks so far *touch wood*. One thing that feels fab is baby wipes that have been in the fridge, or not if you are chilly lol, lay them on your bump and let them dry out. It cools the skin down xxxxxxxxx

when I mentioned it to the mw she said its the hormones changing your skin and the stretching going on that does it. It drives me mad sometimes too. Lots of cream (keep my cocoa butter in the fridge) and like BB said baby wipes are great for laying across your belly for a bit of relief. xx

:hug:

It's awful I know. I am being tortured with itchy skin.

It's spread to my arms and legs now which SUCKS.

Avoid hot baths and keep moisturised (with moisturiser from the fridge!) and it should help a bit

I had this, most suggestions are what i'd say. i was stretch mark free until my 37 weeks. Full Term meant my first stretch mark... I thought i was going to be lucky enough to avoid them, but now they're there i look at it as though it's a little movement trail of where babies foot was! :D x

Did u get stretch marks jo? I was up at 2am putting cream on :( xxx

Yup i did get stretch marks, bloody loads of them espec with my first pregnancy, ive gotten more the last two times i was pregnant but the first time was the worst xx

ive also got the itchy belly and hate to itch it too hard xxx

It itches mostly at night, but ive found coco butter is better than baby lotion. It doesnt make them itch that much. xxxxx

Nikkie i cant belive u got to 37 week with out them, just goes to show no matter what u use it wont help, if ur going to get them theres nothing we can do. But what a lovely way of looking at it, remember in tri 1 when we all hoped and prayed we would make it into tri2, we would have not even have bothered about stretch marks just as long as we made it past tri 1. All part of being pregnant i sopose and what a small price to pay for having a baby xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back