Isofix or no isofix?

Mms

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s opinion on going no isofix? We’ve got a lovely car seat as part of our Babylo Panorama travel system and we can’t find a compatible isofix at all despite the website showing it’s compatible. Thinking do we discard the one we’ve got and buy a new one that’s isofix compatible?

Last edited:
Most cars don’t even have isofix here in Aus so I’d say you’re fine to not use it. :)

Personally I am isofix all the way. I’ve told hubby I do not want the sole responsibility of strapping baby into the car seat with the seat belt. I know I would get good at doing it but personally I just think isofix is so much safer.

If your UK based and have a newish car then it will more than likely have isofix ancher points. The whole purpose of the isofix bases was/is to eliminate the possibility of putting the car seat in wrong when using the seat belts. They aren't a necessity as you'll get use to using the belt, you just need to make sure it's fix in place correctly each time. However, they are handy and quick! Once you've fixed the base into place it takes just seconds to pop the car seat in and out the car. I loved my isofix base and will be getting another. I find them quick & secure and I dont have to worry about belts. The only issue is we have two cars and if we go out in my fellas car it meant having to swap the isofix over.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think finding a base when you already have a car seat is really hard. We bought a travel system and finding the right base has proven very difficult.
There's then the minefield of finding the right car seat and base for your car as they're not all compatible. We got really stressed trying to find the right ones before.

We have one car seat that came with the travel system we've bought which at the moment we haven't bought a base for but we had my son a 10 years ago and didn't have a car so used that style car seat all the time as it was all we had whenever we got in someone's car. This time we have two cars so I think the plan is to keep that seat and to also buy another one (one of the 360 ones) which will probably be permanently in one of the cars.

Personally I like the isofix, it makes me feel calmer about my LO being in her seat and I don't like the idea of faffing around with a seat belt. But then we don't have any experience with a non-isofix one to compare.

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? I had to query our car seat and cars compatibility with the manufacturer and they were really helpful.

Our car was made literally just before isofix was introduced, we bought it as a family car as it has a lot of space but that was one thing we didn't check first. It also just happens to have a short seat belt which won't fit around most car seats. Really not ideal lol.
We ended up buying a cybex seat and base (not isofix) as that's all we could find to fit, but moving it from one car to the next was a total pain in the backside. Eventually we got a travel system so we got another car seat with the pram set and we use that as the spare, so ours with base stays in our car and my parents use just the belted one.
I have to say that isofix would have been much easier and cheaper in the long run also,and the base is far far more secure than just the belt and I feel much better when DS is in ours rather than the venicci with just belt around (they do isofix but we couldn't afford yet another base just for my parents car).
So I would say the isofix is definitely worth it :)

Last edited:
I personally find isofix more secure, I have a 6 year old who still has an isofix carseat.... They are also really convinient to clip in and out. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back