Is thyroid disease a problem?

mabelina

Reaction score
I was diagnosed with an Underactive Thyroid years ago and am taking Thyroxine. Its always up and down but for a while now its been stable. My doctor has told me he needs to keep an eye on it now that im pregnant so i had a blood test last Friday and will get my results next week. Im convinced its gone Overactive as my heart is pounding all the time and im constantly shivering, although coldness is with Underactive? Ive been reading up on Google and the answers are quite frightening, some saying you can have heart failure! Are Under or Overactive dangerous? What are the chances of my thyroid changing from one to the other? Im so scared!

I'd really go back and discuss this with your GP and have proper medical advice and explanations.

I certainly think these sorts of questions are better left to people with the proper knowledge. Your case could be very different from someone else with similar problems. Yuor pregnancy is unique and I'd suggest stopping googling and worrying yourself, wait for your test results to come back and see what your GP has to say and ask all your questions then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back