Is this normal?

Overthemoon2

Reaction score
I sadly suffered a mc over the weekend at 12w. I was admitted to hospital for 1 night with severe bleeding and given tablet to help release the products. After bleeding / passing had settled scan showed minimul bleeding / clots left in uterus so was allowed to return home. Since returning home on Monday (I know only 2 days) but bleeding seems to be lessening although I have this 'pressure' feeling behind my cervix. Excuse the TMI but when I apply pressure like going for a number 2 it can be quite an uncomfortable pressure feeling behind the cervix. Do you think there is something stuck there? This is my first mc so I don't know what I should be expecting. I don't want to ring the epau and sound like a wally if this is normal. Thank goodness for forums like this I really find it helps talking with people that have been through the same as its a very scary, distressing experience.

Hi Hun, I don't have any advice regarding your question but I didn't want to read and run! I'm so sorry to hear what yor going through :( must be so awful! Be strong and I hope that one day you get your BFP again xxx

Thank you Colleen. We're heartbroken but are very lucky to have a strong family/friend network. X

Sorry I don't have any advice, but wanted to say sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking it is as I suffered a mc in July. Take care xx

I have had a miscarriage hun but I passed some of it at home and had a d&c to clear the remainders so I didn't have the exact same experience as you. I remember the cramps and pressure being unbearable when I was passing large clots but as far as I am aware that should go away after the worst of it has passed. If it were me I would ask for a scan to check all has cleared ok just for peace of mind if nothing else.

Massive hugs to you, really sorry for your loss xxx

I have a follow up scan next Thursday to check it's all clear. I'm just confused that the bleeding is now minimul, I've not passed any clots since leaving hospital but I still have this pressure feeling behind my cervix. I'm not sure whether that's how it's supposed to feel or whether something may be stuck. I suppose I'll find out next Thursday, just quite uncomfortable x

Last edited:
I had a d&c with mine as it wouldn't stop trying to expel the contents so bleeding wouldn't stop, so i'm not sure how it should feel hun, id ring them to behonest , you shouldn't feel uncomfy till nextthursday xx

Big hugs x

My bleeding has near enough stopped now. My right side is very uncomfortable though. I really just want this to end now x

I would go back and see someone! I have had 2 natural miscarriages and only had that pressure pain feeling when there was a clot coming down or stuck in the cervix, once expelled the pressure was released and a bit of bleeding continued.

Very sorry for your loss.

I have phoned the ward I was on. They've said it's quite normal to have some discomfort but if it gets worse or I start bleeding again to go to A&E. Only 6 more days till my follow up scan. :-(

Update - starting to feel better down below now. TMI but finally was able to go to the 'toilet' today and it has relieved the pressure feeling behind my cervix a lot. How long does it take for your belly / uterus to go down? Mine is still uncomfortable to lean on, feels like I'm squashing baby. Really wish my baby was still in there xxx

Could anyone tell me how I put a 'profile picture' on? Can't seem to Fathom it out xx

Update - starting to feel better down below now. TMI but finally was able to go to the 'toilet' today and it has relieved the pressure feeling behind my cervix a lot. How long does it take for your belly / uterus to go down? Mine is still uncomfortable to lean on, feels like I'm squashing baby. Really wish my baby was still in there xxx

Mine took a good 8 weeks to go down to normal hun x

Wow 8 weeks! That's going to feel like a lifetime :-( I want this nightmare to be over.

I know, I felt the same way after my miscarriage hun. Hopefully it happens quickly for you, everyone is different x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back