• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this normal?

Kim

Reaction score
Rubie started crawling about a week and a half ago. But now she has started trying to climb and stand up ALL of the time. Literally the second I put her down on the floor, she will crawl over to something and climb up it, trying to stand. When she reaches a standing position she cries cos she can't get down. She never stops moving. She just cannot sit still. I can't take my eyes off her for 1 second. I can't leave her to play because she hurts herself. I can't get anything done cos she needs watching every single second. Is this normal and will she grow out of it soon? I'm pulling my hair out here!

Hi Kim

Olivia hasn't reached this stage yet but I think it's normal, Rubie has learnt a new trick and so she wants to try it all the time! She's obviously curious and wants to master it hence why she's doing it all the time. I think the phase will pass quickly as she'll soon work out how to get back down to a sitting position from standing and then she'll also learn how to go forward, on legs.... she'll be walking!

Have you got a play pen or anything like that? I think I'll need to get one when Olivia is at that stage else I'll not get anything else done at all!

Lucy

Kim said:
Rubie started crawling about a week and a half ago. But now she has started trying to climb and stand up ALL of the time. Literally the second I put her down on the floor, she will crawl over to something and climb up it, trying to stand. When she reaches a standing position she cries cos she can't get down. She never stops moving. She just cannot sit still. I can't take my eyes off her for 1 second. I can't leave her to play because she hurts herself. I can't get anything done cos she needs watching every single second. Is this normal and will she grow out of it soon? I'm pulling my hair out here!

That is absolutley JUST like Brody.
He hasn't stopped doing it yet, he's been pulling himself up for about 2 months, and it's been a nightmare.
The only good thing is now he can get down easily on his own. Before he was either crying or letting go so he fell down and banged his head. I used to follow him about with a cushion cos he fell down so much.

Oh dear Urchin I couldn't cope with another 2 months of it :shock: I go back to work in just over a week and mum is having her, she'll never cope!

I do have a playpen, it's a travel cot in the living room, but she goes mental when I put her in it cos she can't climb it :wall:

lol

Hey Kim,

Phoebe has just started doing this too. Problem being she can't actually do it so either falls over and cries or gets so frustrated she gets all upset and annoyed :?

Maybe put cushions and pillows around her and then you can relax a bit knowing that if she falls she won't hurt herself?

It's hard work now they're on the move isn't it?

:lol:

:hug: Jack started a couple of weeks ago(lazy thing he is)

and sorry to say but i am knackered with him

I sometimes put him in his playpen, he has just worked out how to stand up in that, its travel cot type aswell Kim, maybe Rubie is just slightly too small yet.

And the bad mum that i am i very ocaisonally put him in his baby walker gor a few minutes just to get stuff done and he can follow me around.

Failing that if i need to get Ironig done or something i put him in his highcahir with a load of toys and he loves watching me for some reason :roll:

Otherwise i resign my self to spending most of the day in the living room following him about ( have just gutted it and moved stuff round so there is not one thing he can grab at ( like the phone i swear its gonna break)

Kim said:
Oh dear Urchin I couldn't cope with another 2 months of it :shock: I go back to work in just over a week and mum is having her, she'll never cope!

I do have a playpen, it's a travel cot in the living room, but she goes mental when I put her in it cos she can't climb it :wall:

lol

I forgot to say...Brody is now climbing up, then going one handed and trying to balance on his own...so maybe I'll get the falling down thing all over again!

As far as I can remember they do this until they can walk now :shock:

The worst is Brody does it in the bath!! Bathtime has turned into the most stressful part of my day and it used to be lovely. :cry:

Braydon was standing before crawling so iv had this a while now lol
his fave new trick is going to a door like to the lounge etc and opening it :wall:

Urchin we have exactly the same with Charlie standing in the bath, it's a nightmare, he gets upset when you try and lay him down, baths did used to be relaxing :roll:

Charlie is getting very confident now and cruises along the sofa with one hand and pulls himself up at the walls, sometimes he lets go and then realises a couple of seconds later he's not holding on and falls down :shock: We have laminate flooring as well and even though we put soft mats everywhere he will not stay on them :wall:

Kim hopefully it won't be long before Rubie learns how to sit from a standing position, fingers crossed x

Hi kim,
Jamie is the same! he is all over the place atm im chasing him around all day! he puts everything into his mouth, he opens up the cupbaords etc etc! and he stands up on absolutely everything! he did used to cry when he couldnt get down but theres no stopping him now! hes getting to adveturous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back