Is this normal?

Crimson92

Reaction score
I'm rather skinny so I can feel my bump very easily and just about where the baby is I think, I seem to have a bigger bump to one side? like its normal till I get to my right side then it seems like there is a larger lump? any ideas :)?

Oh and for those who saw my thread about my scan date I finally got it ! phoned the hospital as midwife is still on holiday and got told that it was only made yesterday :| Not really looking great for the hospital... x

I haven't actually got a bump yet, but yesterday I had this hard lump sticking in my side, it was really uncomfortable - I assume it was that the baby had moved into a certain position where it is sticking out a bit! It literally felt like it's feet or head or bum or whatever were pushed hard against one side of my tummy. It lasted all afternoon but by evening it had gone so maybe baby moved - wonder if this is the same for you? Not sure really, just guessing for both of us! xx

It's baby and or placenta. You will notice when you wake up in the morning that your bump will be lopsided, this is because baby tends to shift to a certain spot and your belly
moulds around it. If you lie on your back for a minute you shoul see your stomach mould back to normal shape.

My placenta is on the right and I notice that I feel more movement in my leftside and more visible kicks and skin movement.

thanks girls, never would of thought of that lol x

I get exactly the same...baby seems to prefer being on my right side and it is particularly noticeable first thing in the morning. After I've given him/her a good rub and got a couple of kicks in return, the bump seems to even out a bit...just amazing, isn't it!

I can always tell exactly where baby is.. in a morning or whenever my bladder is full i get an extra lump on my left side where baby is pushed out of my pelvis... but generally babys quite low still.. although last night when i woke up in the night bulge was right under my belly button :D... i love being able to feel exactly where baby is :D

Yup got this too Baby preferes to be on the right side and I love when I wake up every morning my stomach looks like an alien is in there lol xx

Can't wait till I am a bit bigger now to see how lopsided I go ! :lol: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back