• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this it??

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
Ladies need your advice before I potentially make myself look like a plank by ringing hosp!

Ok I was induced with DD and had waters broken whilst on the bed so have no experience really of waters breaking......

So just now I went to loo...(still constipated a bit) but managed to go eventually, wiped, had a wee, wiped as you do then as Im always still on knicker watch checked tissue to make sure there was nothing there! Everything was fine, so went to put the tissue back in the loo through my legs and heard a 'pop' then a gush all over my hand....now when I say gush I didnt have to quickly flush before the loo overflowed, but it went all over my hand!
I dont think it was wee tho...reasons being.....

I looked at it and it was perfectly clear like water, had no smell of urine in fact had no smell at all that I could tell, and Ive been as dry as sticks for weeks now (sprry TIM) and it didnt hurt when I wiped as this fluid was 'there'!

So....Im now wondering have I had a bit of a leak?
Has either the fore or hind waters gone?
WAS it a wee? Although it certainly didnt feel like thats where it came from and WHAT DO I DO???

I rang DH and said I didnt want to ring hosp
A) to look daft if it was a wee
B) And I really dont want to have to go up to the hospital again today and waste their time and again look like a ****** for not knowing the difference between a pee and waters breaking....

So any advice, experiences etc would be much appreciated!

Ive decided I will wait till DH finishes work this afternoon then ring and go up then if thats what they advise but in the mean time what do you ladies think?

I feel a right old boot for not knowing lol!!!

Thanks in advance ladies xxx

From what other people have said waters have a distinct smell but never happened to me so i'm not sure. If you're not contracting then I guess there is no problem in waiting until your OH gets back this afternoon, you could always ring the midwife and explain what happened and just say you cant get up to hospital until the afternoon if they want you to go in.
Sorry probably not much help :)

Thanks frankie....yeah Im not contracting just lots of BH but tbh Ive had lots of them for weeks now gradually getting more and stronger with each one but they are noway near the intensity of regular contraction YET lol! Baby is still very active been head down for 6 weeks so Im kinda clueless as I was in hops for 11 weeks before DD was born and they were in control of EVERYTHING lol!
Im such a clutz lol!!

xxx

Call your midwife Hun. You risk infection to you and the baby if you have lost water... Plus it's a bit too soon for you to loose your waters...especially that much.

Better safe than sorry...please get checked out, doesn't matter if it's just pee.

Side note- I was admitted to hospital at 34-35 weeks pregnant with contractions every 5 mins. These were not painful, just uncomfortable and just felt like tightenings- they were actual contractions. When my mum had my brother (18 years after me) she thought she had wind, turned out she was in labour. So please don't dismiss your braxtons...

Last edited:
Oh thanks SS...yes dont want to risk LL with infection....I will ring them and let yous know what they say xxx

Rang antinatal and comm MW and no bloody answer will keep trying and if no luck will try delivery Im sure someone can advise me from there....xxx

When my waters went I felt a pop then list a bit like you. I lost more with each bh and if I coughed they gushed a bit.

Let us know what they say x

Ah I feel so silly Ajayne as I dont know what to expect lol but keeping a close eye on things....and have just tried hosp again and still no answer! Dont want to be a drama queen but like Ss said if thats whats happened I dont want to risk infection for baby xxx

Don't feel silly x

I had No idea either as with my first 2 my waters went near the end. Look out for random gushes and how many pads you fill xx

Yeah don't forget to put a pad on as they will ask to see it...even if you dot fill it at all you can just explain to them. You might as well call the delivery suite because either way you will be asked to go in to be checked...they will end up checking your cervix and doing a swab.

As your before 37 weeks it's very importnant that you get cheked out as soon as Hun. So give the labour ward a call, explain what happened, and they will ask you to come in for a check. If it was your waters they will scan you to see if thy all went... If they didn't then they will give you steriod injections most likley and monitor you for a bit. Amniotic fluid can be replaced, so if it's a little then you will be fine. If all your waters have gone the. I think they will still give you steriods and then monitor you.

Also mention what happened when you had DD...I would imagine you would be classed as high risk because of this anyway.x

Last edited:
Hope you're ok Wilma, hadnt looked at your ticker - it's pretty early for waters to be going, hope you finally got hold of a mw for some answers.

Hi Ladies sorry for the delay my friend came and just left so updating now! Rang delivery and they have just said I have to go up just to get things checked out with me having a premi with DD etc just to make sure!
She was lovely when I said I feel stupid asking but then she reassured me saying they get asked that about ten times a day and its fine to ask lol!
Explained what had happend and said it sounds like ive had a leak or they have gone but they will doa speculum check when I get there and no for sure!

So Dh is just on his way home and we will be heading up there...thanks for your replies and I will update asap xxx

I had that happen when pregnant with Leo.

I went for a wee at 6.30am, finished, wiped, went to stand up then "pop" and gush (lots). Wiped it away but it was followed by my plug so i rang the MW.

Pop on a pad and monitor it, see if you continue leaking etc. xxx (as if its pee leaking it will stain the pad) x

Will be thinking of you and little legs!

x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back