Is this FINALLY my month or is my mind playing tricks on me yet again!!?

Lisha2110

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here so I'm not quite sure how it all works :/ but anyway here I go...
I'm 19/ 20 next month and I have been with my current partner who is 22 for 2 years. I know we are both quite young but I have grown up as an only child and have always wanted a large family of my own, I don't want to leave it too late. My mum had me at 21 and I believe that we have a very special bond. Anyway I have wanted to conceive for about a year now and to make it worse two of my close friends have just had babies and my mum is now pregnant . I just want to emphasise that I do not want to have a child to follow fashion like I said I have wanted a baby for just over a year now.
Me and my OH have not used any contraception since I came off BCP last July. I do not chart my ovulation as my cycle varies between 28-33 days. Anyway, a few months ago I could have bet a million pounds that I was pregnant I literally had every single symptom under the sun and was 12 days late when I woke up to AF I cried for hours!
Anyway... this month I'm feeling slightly optomistic although me and OH only had unprotected sex twice. The first day of my last period was 30th August and we did the deed on the 12th and 16th I think not 100% sure my brain is all mushy right now lol.
For the past few days I have been experiencing:
-Bad leg cramps
-Frequent urination
-Heartburn (ouch!)
-Cramps(I've had these for about 2 weeks now at one point I thought AF was coming really early)
- Noticed veins are really prominent on boobs and chest area
-Poking/stabbing pain mostly on left side
-Yesterday random fluttering in tummy
-Loads of gas! :x

AF is due in 3 days I really don't want to get my hopes up and be dissapointed again :(
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about the long post!
x

hi lisha, we sound so similar im in almost exactly the same position as you all the same symtoms etc but i get really bad bloating which ive never had before! im waiting till next week to test as dont want to test too soon and be disappointed! ive got my fingers crossed for you and wish you all the best lets hope AF stays away :D

Hi anon it's nice to know that I'm not alone! :)
When is your AF due?
What day are you testing next week? I will try and hold out to do it on the same day if the wicked witch hasn't got me by then! lol

im not sure what day coz im really nervous, i dont reli keep track of my AF but the first day of my last one was on the 20th august so i should have had an AF already, i did a test on the 18th which was bfn but im feeling even wierder since then for example ive come home from work today and gone straight to bed, i feel exhausted all the time. how about next weds morning? means youve missed ur AF and so have i? u think u can hang on till then? keep me updated on ur AF tho i'll b looking out for u on here :)

I will try my best :nopoas:! All sounds promising though I've got my fingers and my toes crossed. If i'm not then my body is just cruel lol! I'm hoping that it's our month this month and that the dreaded :witch: stays away!!
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

everythings crossed here too! post on here when youve tested and let me no the hopefully good news! i'll wait til weds and post too with the result:D

Your symptoms sound promising but only time will tell, as hard as it is to wait...!

I'm only 20 aswell well 21 in a few month and i don't think u are too young you seem really mature and know this is what you

want! good luck keep us updated.

Good luck to you anon123 aswell :dust: xxx

Last edited:
Hi Lisha,

I read your post & hope to offer some help as I am pretty much going through the same thing as you! I had my last period on 31 Aug so I am due for AF pretty much same time as you and i've been having a lot of the symptoms that you are experiencing like the heartburn (that started today) awful stomach cramps for the last 5 days now (and pains on my side), headaches everyday although not really painful, backache, feeling sickly, been suffering from hot flushes today and I know what you mean about the gas! I have been feeling like my AF is here for the last few days now but still not here yet.

I understand about not getting your hopes up, i'm really trying not too although I think i'm failing at that as each day goes by but it's not long now til our AF due dates so hopefully we will both find out one way or another what is going on for us, it's not long to wait so do try and keep positive as we are not out this month just yet! Kepp me posted if you can and good luck! x

Last edited:
any news lisha? still no signs of AF for me so ive been over 5 weeks since my last one :S im getting so nervous and my signs seems to be getting more and more obvious everyday.. my bloating after eating is horrendous and my mood swings are so bad... arrrgghhh dnt think i can waiiiittt to test

Hi Eternity & Day,
It's great to to know that I'm not alone I feel like I'm going crazy! It's like every single month my body creates more and more symptoms that all result in AF! I'm trying to be optimistic but at the same time I feel like I'm kidding myself. AF is due tomorrow I usually get bad cramps about 3-4 days before but at the moment I dont feel anything, just a twinge in my left side which has been quite constant for about a week and a half now. When are you planning on testing? I'm trying to hold out until next wednesday if AF isn't here by then because although my cycles are pretty regular I did have a 43 day cycle a few months ago but I always knew that AF was coming. Goodluck I hope atleast one of us gets our BFP this month! x

any news lisha? still no signs of AF for me so ive been over 5 weeks since my last one :S im getting so nervous and my signs seems to be getting more and more obvious everyday.. my bloating after eating is horrendous and my mood swings are so bad... arrrgghhh dnt think i can waiiiittt to test

It all sounds really positive hun! If you can't wait then just do it you have waited long enough lol!! Good luck FX keep me posted! :) x

Thank you Lisha! Good luck to you too, if your not getting your usual cramps, just a pain down your side then that sounds positive to me! I'm so confused personally, i'm getting allsorts of symptoms aswell, some feel AF'y and some don't but last months period was the first one i've had since coming off implant in July and when I had implant in I only used to have periods once every five months or so so I have no real idea what's going on :( it's misery! If my cycle goes back to what is used to me many moons ago then i'm due on tomorrow (28 day cycle) if my cycles are now longer then i'll wait until tuesday before testing ... in saying that though .. I am poor until pay day next tues so can't afford a test until then anyway! If you test this weekend, let me know how you get on! Hoping it's a BFP! x

AF came today grrrr! I'm happy that she did today though rather than in a couple of days ... at least now I know my cycles have returned back to what they used to be before I had my implant put in 3 years ago. Focusing on next month now, hope she keeps well away for u! x

AF came today grrrr! I'm happy that she did today though rather than in a couple of days ... at least now I know my cycles have returned back to what they used to be before I had my implant put in 3 years ago. Focusing on next month now, hope she keeps well away for u! x

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that! :-(
Good luck for next month though!
I will keep you updated- AF was due today but no signs of it I'm not having the usual cramps I get just a bit of a stitch like feeling in my left side but I'm not being optimistic just yet because it seems like most people that have been feeling the same symptoms end up getting AF. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back