is there a trick...

amyknight88

Reaction score
to moving baby from your room to their own room successfully? Once i get my new flat carey will have his own room striaght away so he doesnt feel pushed out by the baby taking his place in my room.

My family went away for the night once and i tried leaving carey in my room whilst i went and slept in my brothers bed.. he screamed for hours and hours until i finally gave in and got back in my own bed.. he didnt even want changing or feeding or anything just wanted me in the room..

Is it tough getting them out of a routine like this?

What i did with Jack is put him in his cot for his afternoon nap, or waited til he was aslepp then put him up so he would wake up in his own room.

Then put his moses basket in his cot at bed times and tried not to nurse him to sleep while he was there, it takes about a week, but now he goes up awake at 8 and i don't hear from him til 7.30 the next morning.

If he cries leave him and just go up and show your face every 5-10 minutes, he'll get used it :D

put something that you have been wearing next to him...he will smell you and miight be ok with you actually not there! otherwise, yea, put his moses basket in his cot for a few nights

Maheen used to only fall asleep swaddled, and I just gradually introduced the grobag during afternoon naps first and then, in the morning nap, and now, it's een 2 weeks she is fine in the grobag at night! (well, except the last 2 nights, but it's not related!!!)
I believe the "step by step" technique works quite well.
good luck

Mel xx

i agree put something smelling of u in with them!

i got the opposite problem lol B hates sleeping in my room think its my snoring lol :dance: wen we go away he will be in with me so im gonna have fun lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back