• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is the name Jack Jones really bad?

Kirstieplus1

Reaction score
I love the name Jack but my surname is Jones.

What do you guys think of the name Jack Jones... Would it be really bad if I called bubs this?
Do you think he would have p*ss taken out of him?

I didn't think of it as a problem and hadnt heard of the saying myself... Only what my parents have said.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Course it isnt bad. If thats what you like then thats what you like. I havent heard of the saying either to be honest and i highly doubt he would have the mick taken out of him. Go for it if its the name you really like :D. X

isnt there a shop called Jack jones?

its your choice what you call your baby though.

What saying?! Obviously I have never heard a saying with that name in... Sounds a good name to me x

Apparently people say 'on your jack jones' which means on your tod

Oh ok, I have heard of it, but it's an old cockney saying, don't think anyone that goes to school with him would know it, and It didn't spring to my mind when I read it x

Yep, there's a shop called that...... It's not " out there" in terms of names, but I don't think it would be my choice. But it's your baby!

I've heard of that saying but when I just read this from the beginning I was thinking what saying? So I don't actually think its one that springs to many peoples minds let alone younger generations. I think its a lovely name.x

My cousin is jack jones and he is 8. Never had any problems with his name and no one has ever mentioned the saying to him.

it did make me smile when i read your thread title but a few people around me use that saying a fair bit but overall i think its not commen, i wouldn't worry about it xx

maybe depends where you stay - cos it came into my head immediately and wondered if he might get names like "loner" etc - but im prob just being a bit negative.

that said about 2 secs later my brain thought JJ - and how cute!!

at the end of the day its what u think that counts.
xxx

I like it, dont know the saying so didn't think of that and dont know the shop so a def winner for me :) xxx

I don't like it personally cos of the saying it'd be weird.

I love it, its got a cheeky little chappy ring to it :) love it xx

I know the saying but it is a lovely name.x

Never heard of the saying or the shop, i love the name so cute and u can call him jj too, love it!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back