Is she eating enough?

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been trying to get Brooke into a routine this last week, it's early days but I've been keeping a recor of how much she's eating, how often etc and I'm worried she's not getting enough...

I have a book that says she should be having between 22-30oz and according the the formula tin for her weight she should be having 25oz a day. The last week she's had between 18.5oz a day and 27oz (a hungry day), and seems to be averaging 18oz per day, this doesn't seem like a lot at all.

She's not fussing for food and she's not a scrawny baby by any stretch but is anyone else's baby like this? She has tended to eat little and often but is starting to go longer for her feeds now.

X

Ignore what it days on the tin, go by what Brooke wants.
Try to drag her feeds out to every 4 hours so she drinks more x x

Agree with above really, just ignore the tin. Its only a rough guide anyway. Paige was never eating what was 'recommended'. She would only go maximum of 3 hours between feeds as well so she was a little and often baby. Tbh, I just fed on demand as it changed everyday how much and how often she was feeding.

I found that she fell into a rountine on her own, as most babies do. It could be worth just taking a note and seeing if she already has a bit of a rountine herself. :)

I don't go by the tin at all, I only did for about the first few days! Flynn has no settled into his own flexible routine, he only has 4 major feeds a day and he takes 6oz each time and then fusses for more occasionally! I wouldn't worry about it unless she starts to lose weight! x

EDIT: and as long as her nappy changes are still normal, that's what i got told to watch out for while in hospital! x

Last edited:
I'm having the opposite problem! So I can't really help hun, but I suppose by what the other girls have said that it's only a really rough guide on the tin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back