Is she drinking enough?

BubbleOne

Reaction score
I refuse to worry about this normally and I have always said Phoebe is not a hungry baby but she seems to be wanting less now than ever before.

I was giving her 6oz every 3hrs (30oz a day). This was about right for her weight 3 weeks ago. I think they worked out at the clinic she should be taking about 32oz.

Now over 3 weeks on she is only drinking 5oz every 3hrs but normally has all 6oz of her 3rd bottle of the day. So is only drinking 26oz over a 24hr period. She must be at least 13lb now. (getting her weighed on Monday).

She is perfectly happy in herself and not crying between feeds etc but I just feel now that maybe I should be worried. She used to poo after every feed but now she is only pooing once a day so maybe she is consuming the same amount as before as she is pooing out less? :oops:

Any advice? Hate asking HV because they always make such a big thing of it. They told me last time she was underweight but she isn't at all going by her growth graph. Just slightly under the perfect line.

Should I be concerned?

if she seems alert and happy then i would think she is getting enough. is she doing lots of wet nappies?

I don't think Aimee has ever drank more than 26oz in 24 hours and she must weigh about 13lb now (12.4 2 weeks ago). She usually has on average 20-22. HV was moaning at me but she is gaining weight and happy and bright so I don't tell them anymore. She just has a small appitite.

Yes Beanie she still has lots of wet nappies. She is perfectly happy and seems to be gaining weight at a steady rate.
I've just always presumed she doesn't have a big appitite much like Kwain said.

She sleeps from 6pm until 5.30am and when she wakes up would rather have a look around for 10mins before she wants a feed. I would say that the only bottle she really seems to enjoy is the one before bed but again she never drinks all 6oz.

It can take me an hour in the day to get her to drink 5oz because she just doesn't see her bottle as a priority!!!

Just wish I felt the same way about food as she does!!! :lol:

Yeah, I wish my appetite was that small too! Lol
She is the same, i've learnt now not to give her a bottle in the morning till she has been up about 30 minutes or she just doesn't drink it. The only bottle Aimee cries for is at tea time when she really enjoys it then she will only take 2-3oz before bed. Shes sleeping at night so it must be enough for her.

Hiya,

I honestly couldn't tell you how much Abi drinks in a day she is 5 1/2 months and weighs 13lb 7 (she was prem) i breast feed and bottle feed her but each day varies on how much of each she has, i would say as long as she's happy she's getting enough sod what the hv says.

I always think do we eat the same amount everyday? or fancy the same amount everyday.

I don't force Abi to finish a bottle if she doesn't dring it she rarely drinks 5 ounces from a bottle - obviously don't know how much she's getting from me, but she's happy and healthy - just do what you think is right don't let anyone tell you you're doing wrong it's your baby and you'll know if she wants more.

Manda x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back