Is my crying bad for baby??????

bute69

Reaction score
OH is being an absolute selfish git at present,(money orientated), and I find myself constantly having to make the peace even though it's not me in the wrong. Anyway, I just cry all the time. I mean really bad sobbing and find it hard to stop. Once I start, I find anything will then set me off again. I'm so worried that this is harmful to babba. Anyone else like this or is it just me?

No it wont harm bubba but i think they can sense when you are under stress or upset or just when your emotions are high.

I flipped out at work the other day, i went in the toilets and sobbed my little heart out. Little Chip had been quiet all day previously and all that morning. As soon as i had finished with my crying episode Little Chip began kicking that lasted all day, into the evening. I don't know whether it was maybe that i woke her or she could sense i was upset but either way i think she knew her mummy was not happy.

Funny though, those little kicks made me realise my little girl is more important than my job and her kicks
comforted me in a way and i managed to get on with the rest of my day x

Everyone needs to cry and it does sometimes make us feel better even though most of the time our hormones are the cause of it.

xx

Awwww you poor thing. It won't harm the LO but apparently babies can sense similar emotions due to the release/ transference of hormones across the placenta. And this cannot be good for you - pregnancy is fairly tiring and being upset constantly can't make that any easier.

I do find I can get more upset now I'm pregnant but it that doesn't mean it's not justified. When my partner and I have argued occasionally I have tried to explain to him the effects it has on me and the LO and if he really thinks the argument is worth it and he is very good and gives me a cuddle and we make up. Maybe try explaining all this to your hubby - even writing him a letter with it in if you think he won't listen or get irate. It's really not fair of him to be allowing you to get this upset.

I hope that helps hun and big hugs xxxxx

Last edited:
i got really upset about work and my car failing its mot the other day and was bawling down the phone to the manager to try and sort stuff out and i felt babs kick while i was doing it. its rare for me to feel it so i take it as a good sign lol

To be honest I think you are better releasing your emotions whenever you need to. Bottling things up and trying to be brave is never good in my opinion, they just play on your mind and get worse

Hope things work out soon for you lovely xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back