Is my baby the only one who's never got out of sleeping like a newborn?

I'm in the early stages but feel your pain. I picked up a 'your baby week by week' book in the shop yesterday and read the bit on 12 weeks. It told me my baby should be sleeping 5-6 hours! He's never ever done that! Made me feel really crappy! Having said that if he's not ready I don't want to force him. He was originally doing so well going 4 hours then 3 hours but since his jab (where that night he was up every hour!!) he's gone back down to 2 and even 1 some nights! Luckily I can seem to function ATM (but the longer it's been going on the more I feel it) god knows how you feel!

Georgie is the same. 3-4 hours of unbroken sleep is a treat! Can't believe that he used to sleep for 7.5 hours at two months.... We were so lucky!

I always forget about white noise, think Ill try that again as it did help a little once before.
Sounds horrible but i feel better knowing Im not the only one up at nearly 2am feeding yet again, just so glad I got this phone to pass the time on here!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Was also going to mention white noise, I've had the radio not tuned in on low when he has naps in the day, he goes for ages! Whereas without hell go half an hour, gonna try it tonight, do miss my radio downstairs though but sod it I miss my sleep more, Charlie's been going 6 months :( my cousin didn't sleep through til he started nursery, and my other 1 is in reception and still wakes up, but his.mum always let's him go in her bed so prob doesn't help xx

Caitlin was about 2 months old and would sleep a 4 hour stretch at night, hit 5 months and would wake every two hours, solids at 6 months didn't help, she only starting sleeping a ten hour stretch at 11 months old, though had a few broken nights the last few nights as she is teething, but your baby will get there, it might just be 11 months old like caitlin lol

My nephew is 5 and still don't sleep very well either so starting to think he just takes after his big cousin. Last night was a bad one, he dropped to 40 minute stints for a while early morning so i put him in with me which helped a bit, funny how he will then go 2 hours. I've been up 3 times already tonight and he only went down at 7.30, hope its not going to be another crap night!

Definitely on track for a new record tonight I think, this is feed number 6 since 7.30 now :( so unsettled tonight for some reason.

Aww bless! Is he teething? Tylers done well and twice gone over 2 hours!! Baby steps lol!

He doesn't seem to be teething no signs anyway but could be at his age. 10 times he was fed in 12 hours last night so neither of us slept much, Def a new record! I actually feel spaced out today so god knows what he feels like! His tummy was making loads of noises so maybe had a sore tummy last night

Sorry to hear this Sarah, I seriously dont know how u cope & i'd be wondering how LO isn't tired either!! He doesn't have any reflux symptoms does he? (stomach gargling is one of them, so is disrupted sleep!)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Jack never slept more than 3 hours at a time up until 3 weeks ago when all of a sudden he started sleeping from 9-6. He has been poorly for the past week with hayfever so has had broke sleep again but last night slept 9-5 so hopefully he's on the mend an it hasn't messed his sleep up too much. He's defo like me, I only need 6-7 hours sleep a night and it looks like he only needs 9ish. His Daddy would sleep for 3 days solid if I let him lol. I hope Kynon decides to sleep longer son hun, you must be exhausted!! x

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this Sarah, I seriously dont know how u cope & i'd be wondering how LO isn't tired either!! He doesn't have any reflux symptoms does he? (stomach gargling is one of them, so is disrupted sleep!)

xxxxxxxxxxx

It is a possibility that I hadn't thought of. Could it appear more at this age as the last few weeks he's been a lot more sicky but was rarely sick before, this started before weaning so cant blame that. MIL thinks he needs more food and i should spoon feed him puree not BLW :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back