• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it worth appealing this parking ticket?

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
yesterday OH and I hired a van to collect some equipment from a nursery in Camden (work related)
The woman overseeing it told us we could park on a through-way between two roads (it was paved for pedestrains, not a road) even though it had a no entry sign on it! so we did and went to let them know we had arrived.

when we got there she told us some people who were collecting stuff the day before had been given a parking fine as there was nowehere to park nearby, but the warden who ticketed them said once he'd ticketed them he would leave them alone to load. we had a lot of furniture to collect so were debating what to do when a warden (a different one to the day before) turned up (this was within 2 mins of us parking).

Oh went over and tried to explain the situation but the warden was very much you can't park here and kept saying it. At this point he was listening but just saying it over and over. myself, the woman and her male friend walked over and i said fair enough, where CAN we park? warden said I don't know ( :think: helpful.....NOT!) then the male friend of this woman started having a right go, all they are doing is loading...blah blah...that is so unreasonable... I can't believe they are not allowed to park here..etc. OH could see it escalating so got in van and said I'll move it. warden said too late and issued a ticket! OH then got cross and had ago at warden, who phoned someone and said he was having trouble, and could a clamping van come???!!! Oh took a picture of him and said he would appeal. warden said ok.

We ended up just loading anyway, keeping an eye out for warden/clamping van!

Oh and I could totally see that the male friend of the woman had probably caused us to get the ticket as he was so aggressive, but OH did not want to start an issue with him (he was a bit wired). Oh is now saying we should appeal and not pay the fine, but can he leave it with me to write the appeal.... :shock:

My boss who is paying for OH's time has agreed to pay extra for the extra time it took us (we underestimated how long it would take) so in my mind, if we maybe ask for an extra £60 that will pay the £60 fine and we are not losing money, we just lost a little more time than expected, but it wasn't THAT bad! I just don't see how we could win an appeal as we were illegally parked. Full stop. Our fault.

I think i will say to OH if you want to appeal you do it, I think we should claim £100 and put it down to bad luck/experince. At least we are not out of pocket. I was wondering about putting a complaint in about warden, but actually he was just doing his job, and until the headcase started to harp on, the warden was actually listening. I think we need to just forget it.

OH can't seem to shake it off. A male pride thing do you think ladies????

Its a shame but as you admit, you were illegally parked. I would put it down to a bad experience and move on.
Sorry hun :hug:

Thanks gals i told OH I was gonna pay it etc. He seemed to see sense today and totally agreed with my points!
Male pride must diminish after 24 hours... testosterone levels back to normal now... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

If it was my DH he would have been moaning for weeks about it :lol: . Glad he saw there was no point in appealing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back