is it true? PEANUTS

Anna23

Reaction score
OMG mum just told me that aparently your able to eat peanuts now :cheer: :cheer: is this true? have you hered about it?

from what i have heard anna, it is okay to eat them if there is no history of allergy in your family, ie asthma etc. I might be wrong, but i have been having the odd slice of peanut butter on toast :D

From what I have read they only say avoid peanuts if you, your partner, brothers, sisters etc has a nut allergy, if no one in your family has a nut allergey then they are OK to eat.

I've read different advice from various places so I'm still staying off them

Yes as long as you dont have any allergies, Ive been eating peanut butter on toast YUM YUM :cheer: :cheer:

i sat here with some dry roasted peanuts in a cup Mat left on the side last night yum now should i have oneo r 2 :?

i wouldn't worry too much about peanuts unless there is a history of allergies in your family. I love peanut butter and banana on toast or choc spread and peanut butter on toast is good too! I have been eating assorted nuts too, good protein :D I just try not to eat it every day as they are so fattening!!!

i wouldn't worry too much about peanuts unless there is a history of allergies in your family. I love peanut butter and banana on toast or choc spread and peanut butter on toast is good too! I have been eating assorted nuts too, good protein :D I just try not to eat it every day as they are so fattening!!!

ohh thats ok cas i am eating some now :lol: tehy are SOOO YUM

i have been told to totally AVOID them if there is a history of allgergies including asthma, excema or severe hayfeaver in your or babys fathers family

i specifically asked my doctor, midwife and lady at maternity dept about this because my ex (babys father) has all 3 serious allegies listed

asthma, eczema and hay fever all run in my family.. I've had them all, grew out of the asthma but still have patches of eczema on my arms and feet, and have terrible hay fever... I didn't eat peanuts with Tia as it was a HUGE no no back then for the reasons stated above. .

However, when I got pregnant here, I mentioned it to my MW and consultant and they looked at me like I'd sprouted another head... They haven't heard of anything like that. Current research suggests that in countries where they have banned peanuts during pregnancy, the incidents of allergies is far greater than that in countries where there is no blanket ban, which is leading the British government to believe that there is no link.

http://www.foodqualitynews.com/Legislat ... r-UK-Lords

I think the only time you have to be careful is if there is a direct history of peanut allergy already in existance in your family.

So I munched my little heart out on peanuts when I had lil miss... Ironically Tia has had more allergen issues than lil miss has... :think:

I FOOKING love peanut butter!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had it on bread today, I ate LOADS when I was pregnant with Zachary and he is ok.

Peanut butter is a great source of protein....and fat :rotfl:

I was told by my midwife that if there is any history of asthma, exzma or hayfever in either families then you shouldn't touch peanuts. But to be honest I would just check it with you midwife.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back