is it too naughty?

isobel84

Reaction score
my back get worse everyday. im on constant paracetamol from GP but dont help much, only take the edge of.
The only thing that seem to help is a long hot bath.. it takes it away for the moment but it always come back soon again.
I know we are not to have hot baths but from doing it only now and again for the pain its now become daily for me cuz nothing else seem to help..

Noa seem to love it tho as he go crazy as soon as the taps goes on, or maybe he goes crazy cuz he hates it. :wall2:

how bad is it really?

I'm not sure to be honest, as long as it's not scorching and your not in there too long it should be ok. I'm still having hot baths..did when I was pregnant with my boys too.. Didn't do them any harm. I can't stand having luke warm baths!

Back ache sucks, really hope it eases off for you soon xx

Last edited:
I've carried on having normal hot baths tbh cos I only read not to about a week ago! Apparently baby can get a bit hot in there but think it's more dangerous early on in pregnancy?? Dunno if that's right though :)

Apparently it's down to oxygen. As you get hot in the bath your body works hard to cool you down hence less oxygen going to the baby. as long as your not in there for ages you should be fine.

I'm still having hot baths. The only risk is if you get overheated. The amniotic fluid is temperature controlled so if it gets too warm it automatically will cool down to a more amenable temperature (that's what my what to expect app said anyhow) so as long as you're not having baths that make you feel sick/lightheaded/dizzy etc it should be fine! x

thanks! i tend to stay in there for over an hour tho keep changing the water to have it hot. poss too hot but bump never goes under water anyway :blush:
i will continue to have my hot baths but will still ask my MW about it on tuesday..

thats the best part.. topping up! the worse is when i take the plug out and im trying to getout and my ass is stuck and infront of me are no water but behind me there is still up to the edge :oooo:

:rofl: That has tickled me! lol!

I love a hot bath, whats the point in having a bath if not hot?! I just make sure i dont overheat.

i have mine hot more so in past few weeks as i ache alot and bubs usually loves it

have you used a hot water bottle for when you're not in the bath?? You could stick it under a bump band to hold it in place, although you probably won't be able to leave the house with another bump sticking out of your body - might lead to some strange questions about baby's position lol.

sorry to hijack but someone told me the the other day that a really warm bath helps bring on labour - is this right???? or is it just that a warm bath helps when you're actually in labour, it doesn't actually help it begin?

I had hottish baths but with the window open lol... probably made no difference but it was quite nice and it made me feel better x

i havent heard hot bath bring on labour? i really hope not! As im having one daily!

i hate going in the bath.... but today have been craving to go in a nice hot bath... with a pint of milk, yeh u guessed it, i dont really like milk either!!?? weird baby!!

but i will take notice and not have it too hot n open the window just incase :)

great advice ladies xxx

i used to love baths, just the thought and effort of having a bath at the moment puts me off lol how lazy of me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back