Is it too dramatic?

Haylian

Reaction score
So I had Mon/Tues off work as I've been really struggling in the heat which has made me really sick again and also I've had really awful heartburn. Only had about 4 hrs sleep so I napped during the day etc while I was cooler in front of the fans and today I went back in. I was sooooooo hot and I had complained before that they needed to turn the temp down on the AC but they thought I was just a crazy pregnant lady burning up. When other people started to complain they were eventually told that the AC wasn't working and it was struggling to cope with the outside temperature etc. no wonder I was melting at my desk!

Soooo I've told my manager that if its the same tomorrow then I'll be going home as I just can't sit at work in that heat. They also said I can't have a fan as it plays the AC up, I asked if the AC is broken tomorrow can I have a fan..... NO!
Am I overreacting by saying I'll go home?

X

No! They should take into consideration that you are pregnant and the Health and Safety aspects. If the ac is broken it won't be good for anyone working there, let alone yourself! You should have done a Risk Assesment when you told your boss you were pregnant, heat should have been a part of that.

Hope it wasn't too bad working there today xxx

No you're not. The heat wave warnings have listed pregnant ladies as a high risk group in the heat and if they won't even let you have a,fan it's crazy! X

I have ultimate respect for you working in this heat full stop. At my work it is standard that every pregnant woman has a fan, regardless of the time of year & I work in a large office with air con. It's absolute rot that a little fan would affect the air con! I think you are perfectly within your rights. The government have announced a cat 3 weather warning today which is one down from cat 4 - a national emergency! x

I'm glad you agree with me, I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle there at the moment :-( roll on 2 Aug........ If I make it that far lol x

Your definitely not over reacting and it should be in their best interest that you are comfy xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Dehydration is a very real risk in the heat of you are pregnant and can lead to all sorts of issues, including fainting and being sick. I just read that the government have proposed to put in a rule that if temps reach more than 30c in a work place that they employees should be sent home. For us, that would mean most of the school gets sent home, with the exception of the ICT rooms (a/c) and the tech rooms (due to their positioning) as they are the only rooms that maintain a senisible temperature!

Your definitely not over reacting and it should be in their best interest that you are comfy xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

It's not even abiut being comfy though, it is about not fainting at work!

Yeah I defo had to sit and take some deep breaths at some points cause I felt woozy, happened in the dentist waiting room too :-( x

I do a lot of driving as a part of my job, walking between visits and getting in and out of my scorching car is awful at the moment, at points today the thermometer read 35 degrees, I feel like I'm melting, so uncomfortable, cant wait for mat leave to start :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back