Quite a dramatic morning :(

Kerrieanne

Reaction score
Well, I had my last antenatal apt last night and was shown around the birthing wards. We left hospital feeling excited and we can't wait for the arrival of little Chip.

However, this morning i had an apt with the consultant. Everything was going well until he measured me. He wasn't happy with the measurements of my tummy, baby Chip was measuring a bit too small. The consultant was slightly worried and gave me lots of extreme statistics of what the reason might be. Idiot!

Now i was worried. With all the fertility treatment i have been through, IVF procedure and now reaching this stage for there to be complications i was worried. He wanted to see me in two weeks time for a scan. TWO WEEKS!!! I demanded that i be seen sooner.

Got to the hospital Car park and burst into tears. Within minutes i received a call and they asked me if i could come back for a scan in an hour. I said YES!

I can now report Chip is fine. Measurements are normal but baby slightly underweight. Placenta working well and Chip is very active with head down. Nothing to be concerned about but will be monitored more closely. It might well be as hubby and i are quite slim people our baby will just be a small baby at birth by genetics, that's all.

Feel much better now although still emotional and teary. At least i got to see my baby again :)

Oh no, what a worry that must have been :hugs: so glad everything is ok with chip :) some babies are just smaller than others. time to put your feet up and relax i think. xxx

Aawwww hun, I was a very skinny baby, 57cm long and looked like 4 bits of spaghetti with a knot in the middle lol but most of my family are long and stringy and I'm expecting Albert to be the same, his dad is like this too.

The averages they work by are fine but they should take into account parent's build and stuff surely.

Good you got to see LO :hug: xxxxxxxx

Awww... What a worrying day you've had... Thank goodness all is well. Some babies are smaller than others, but that doesn't mean your LO will be any less healthy than a whopping 10 lber! And at least delivery should be a little easier with a smaller bay! :) xx

Aw glad everything turned out to be ok. The worry is horrible after wanting a baby for so long :hug:

So glad all is ok. Not nice experience to go through though.xx

oh my god thats awful to give u such a fright, at least u got to see chip and all is ok? :)

I'm glad everything was fine Kerrieanne :hug:

I often wonder how scary labour must be after everything we have been through just to get there xx

Last edited:
Awww I'm sorry it was so traumatic but so glad everything is ok hon. Some doctors just have no idea how to talk to people xxxxx

Just wanted to say we had extra scans as I was measuring small and my baby weighed 8lbs! I wouldn't worry too much!

Blimey what a worry for you - so glad all is ok though xx

Ohh dear :hugs:

I'm glad you didn't have to wait long for your scan though!

And glad everything is fine!!

Glad you didnt have to wait long, 2 weeks would have been hell really glad that all is well now. My friend was measuring small and her baby was just under 7lbs :) so healthy weight but didnt hurt too much ha !

xx

I had my son early at 36 weeks cos he was small and didn't grow between 32 and 36 weeks! Hes now the same size as me 5ft 10 at 13 years old so I really wouldn't worry hun. Nasty of them to worry you like that. x

Thank you everyone xxx

Unfortunately it doesn't take much for me to worry and panic these days. It's just I feel I've been through so much as have some other girls on here.

However all your posts have made me feel so much better. I just need to work on my hormonal attitude as I've gone from angry to crying to laughing to angry again all in one day. Think an early night is needed and start again tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to the end of next week when my mat leave starts. Feel like I need to take things easy now.

Thanks again my lovelies xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow, sorry you went through that, but glad all is ok! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back