Is it possible to Ov 3 times in a cycle?!

tots hope

Reaction score
Ok i need some advice from people!

I've not been charting long and im really confussed. On day 17 my chart said that i had OV and then changed to day 25 now all of a sudden it has changed to day 28? Im not sure now how to interperate this as it all seems a little strange? :?

Does this mean i have OV'd three times this month? Not even sure if that is possible???!!! :think: The chart NOW only shows that i have Ov'd day 28?

I had a metalic taste in my mouth about 6 days ago for about 2 days and also feeling very constipated (really sorry TMI! :oops: ) but at the same time i have little CM (TMI sorry :oops: )

Anyone able to give advice?

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/17f22e

Hi there :wave:

Ive just had a look at your chart, the ovulation predictor looks for a dip in temperature and then 3 days of rising temps to determine ovulation, and looking at your chart you have this pattern repeated a few times which would explain the confusion.

Your temps are quite eratic hun! Are you sure you are;

~Taking temps at the same time every morning,
~Before doing anything including speaking, stretching, moving about etc
~Taking temps from the same position in your mouth each time

Also, are you taking note of your cm as this can help pinpoint ovulation aswell.

Hope this helps :hug:

Dear Tots,

Are you taking your temps from your mouth? Because if it wasn't for that dip on the 28th it looks like you may have ovulated on the 25th. As Glitzy says FF looks for 3 high temps to confirm ovulation but one random temp doesn't really hold much stock. For example if you were asleep with your mouth open that night your temp would read lower.

Just a guess but I would keep an open mind that you may have ovulated on either of those occassions.

Best of luck and baby dust
Becs xx

I have been taking it at the same time every morning 6:45 weekends as well with no moving and the thermometer on the top of my tonguel! I did have a bit of a cold during days 22-26 so i thought that might be why but the temps are all over the place before that. :wall:

My temps the month before looked a little better but as i am new to all this who am i to know!

Not been looking at CM as i was just trying to get the hang of the temps first, maybe if BFN then i should look at other symptoms.

Can see why people get so stresssed out whilst TTC - feel like im re-doing my degree with all the data analysis i'm trying to do! :think:

tots hope said:
Can see why people get so stresssed out whilst TTC - feel like im re-doing my degree with all the data analysis i'm trying to do! :think:

lol tell me about it!

You mentioned the thermometer is at the top of your tongue, you will get better results if you put it under your tongue and this may be why your results are a little eratic?

I always take mine at 7.30 even at weekends, and a few times ive been lying there with the thermometer under my toungue waiting for it to beep and fallen asleep again, then it beeps and frightens the life out of me!

I've done the same thing! DH wakes up wondering what on earth is going on with all the beeping! Might try putting it under the toungue and see if that helps - thank you for the advice. :D

Lots of baby bust to you

personalluy i think you ovulated on cd25 as then when ur temp goes above any other temps that month !

Your cold may also have affected your temps...I know mine seemed to! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back