Is it normal?

umbongo

Reaction score
To be this tired? i have the feeling the answer is probably yes...

I feel unable to function normally the last couple of days. Considering I need to revise this is a disaster!

I sleep okay and have napped last two afternoons but still yawning all the time, and just feel exhausted. It's at the level it was in the fist trimester again! When you can barely move! I burst into tears earlier, just from being tired.

I only work mornings but it's a right struggle to focus and stay awake! Then can't keep my eyes open in the afternoon.

I'm eating well, plenty of protein, carbs and fruit. I take vitamins every day. and LOADS of water.

I have blood tests tomorrow so I guess that'll show if low iron is to blame, better not be as I want a home birth! I have had a bit of an upset stomach (TMI - but not quite diarrhea but not normal..):shock:

Any experience of this? I'm approaching 28 weeks now. Not huge yet so not like I'm dragging round a massive bump or anything yet. I know being tired is normal...but this has taken on a new level the last couple of days!

x

I could have wrote this! I posted earlier saying i wasn't feeling right and this is exactly how I feel! I also been feeling dizzy but think its the heat causing that. My tummy has been a bit iffy too my appetite has been not as good as usual. I had my bloods 2 weeks ago not heard anything so think everything is ok but she did say iron levels are always a bit lower at this stage but they would only b in touch if they were too low. I'm away for a nap now lol! X

reassuring someone else feels the same at least! Just spoke to my mw and she's adding the OC test to my bloods tomorrow just in case, as I had a really bad itch on my leg and I'm being a bit paranoid I think. At least it can be ruled out though.
I think the heat doesn't help. If I didn't have this exam next week I could at least just sleep and not feel so guilty!
Hope you feel better soon xxx

I completely agree with this I am so drained the weather as nice as it is saps my energy totally. What with work and helping my disabled mum. My OH and I do everything and my sister and her husband are far too busy with church and looking after a 14 year old. Really ticks me off. I can see me finishing work earlier as my sciatica is killing me and the usual pregnancy woes.

Yes I'm afraid it's completely normal. The warm weather outside also doesn't really help. Only a few more months to go :oooo: xx

Welcome to tri three..... Yup totally normal hun am natrually a night owl but I'm in bed by ten most nights and wake up at 9/10 if no alarm on days off and on work days do find I'm tiered out quickly. Last night at nct antenatal we were all yawning near the end (finished at 10pm ) I imagine most of us are usually in bed then lol

Yeah I think it's normal Hun. I'm feeling fairly energetic at the moment and I'm making the most of it but I was a wreck up to 18 weeks and I'm fully expecting the tiredness to return any time! Like others though, I am struggling a bit with the heat, I can see the summer being really difficult and I'm usually a real sun worshipper but I just can't tolerate it at the minute. Don't panic too much if your iron is a bit low, I became anaemic around this stage in my last pregnancy but responded well to iron tablets and my home delivery plans weren't affected by it xxx

Oh man. This is not good news. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
My degree is going down the pan at this rate! X

Oops meant to start new thread..

Last edited:
I feel your pain Umbongo - I've got an exam next Thursday and I'm off work from today until next Friday to revise (well, learn really - can't revise what I haven't actually looked at yet - oops!). First planned day of study did not go according to plan - I was up nice and early full of good intentions but I'm so tired I think I've managed about three hours study all day. Have decided to just sleep when I'm tired and if that means I'm wide awake and studying at silly o'clock then so be it! Have also found being home alone all day seems to have given me the green light to just eat constantly so I'll be the size of a house by the time I go back to work! Ah well....! If I find anything that helps with the tiredness I'll let you know! Good luck with your exam x

Thanks nomad. Best of luck to you too. I'm panicking now as lots to learn too. Aggghh!
I wanted to get a really good degree, as I'm capable of it, but feels like it's slipping away. Ho hum. Hopefully I'll at least pass! Xx

Yea its common. I had the tiredness bug between 27 n 32 weeks and now it much better. I did get prescribed iron tabs to after having 28week blood work done and like you i eat healthy and aim for all my vits n minerals etc but i know at that stage the baby demands much more from us so it is harder to keep levels up. I did take the iron tabs for a week but the constipation was bad. I now just have lots of smoothies inc greens and drink lots of oj on top of a healthy diet n feel much better now..i dont think diet really changed much in the tirednessside though as i have been eating pretty good all the way through...maby just a growth spurt for baby and more demands in terms of nutrition for baby.

I am really tired.
I am ususally a morning person, but it takes me ages to get going in the mornings now.
My tummy has been really upset too!
i AM ON IRON TABLETS AND I THINK THEY ARE TO BLAME !!

The tiredness has come and gone for me, yesterday I think my nesting kicked in I wanted to scrub everything I duno wherw I Got the energy today I cannot get myself out of bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back