Is it normal to not feel anythin at 17weeks??

Nicola H

Reaction score
Hi I am 17 +5 weeks pregnant now and yet have felt no movements of baby. It’s such a long wait between 12 week scan and 20 week scan I am just worried something has gone wrong. But would u know if it had? Sorry for all the questions first time mum here... super anxious!

Yes it's totally normal. I was 20 weeks before I even thought I might be feeling movement. It takes longer if it's your first and/or if your placenta is at the front. Try not to worry, you'll be woken up by kicks in the ribs before you know it!

Awh thank u. Sometimes it just takes some reassurance. There would obviously be signs or symptoms if something had went wrong or I had lost the child. I always think the worst .

Dont worry, everyone and every pregnancy is very different. This is my first and I felt the little sort of vibration fluttery feelings from 14 weeks but only very sporadically and briefly. Then the proper kicks didn't really start till I was maybe 23 or 24 weeks. I can't quite remember. But at my 20 week scan the sonographer said I was being kicked above my belly button and I could not feel that at all at that stage. In fact most movement was really low down around the pubic bone area. It still is mainly lower that I feel movement even now at 27+6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back