Is it just my husband, or are all men like this?

Bevsy

Reaction score
Very annoyed this morning.. Felt sick in bed and Hubby dear started pestering for some 'activity'.. I was obviously not in the mood and he took this as me not being bothered and stormed off!

Frankly he is driving me mad, I have been trying to get him to read each week of the pregnancy in a book so we can share it yet he is more interested in cars and gadgets etc.. I don't think he quite gets the idea of me being hormonal and emotional.

I admit that I have always been emotional but if actually took time to read whats happening in my body he may understand why I keep having hissy fits over minor things..

The other day, when I had a headache and just felt achy around my tummy I told him and he said:
'You're only pregnant!' - I nearly hit him..

Anyone else feel like their hubby is only interested when the baby pops out?

Yeah that's all i get hun :( .I am selfish for not wanting loads of sex,but these days I fall asleep soon as my head hits the pillow,and any ache or pain i tell him about i get told that I am pregnant and not ill :shock: . I try not to take it personally anymore,he's not a slushy type but I know inside he cares and that's good enough for me :D xx

Dont worry!! I've been there!!

My husband was exactly the same until I started to show a huge bump!! He had me trying to help him move a MASSIVE HEAVY sofa bed out of the spare room when I was 25wks. until I cried!!

Now I can hardly make myself a coffee with him asking what I'm doin and am I ok. They do care but just dont realise how much is going on inside us at the moment!!

S. xx

I must be one of the lucky ones then :D

Men can really be a pain in the ar*e sometimes though, lol when they get a cold all hells let loose its like they're gonna die but if us women complain about pains they think we're the wimps :lol:

I think you can have extremes. My hubby won't let me even cross the road without holding his hand :roll: Its lovely when they are so caring but it can get a bit smothering at times too.

Hi,

OMG you were describing my partner all over! :D :D

My OH was sort of interested when my baby boy started kicking but that soon passed after a couple of days and he is always on at me for sex (part from this last week as we have been arguing so I haven’t been there). I by a magazine every month, pregnancy and birth, and in it has the week by week charts it’s really good I have tried to get him to read it and even read it out to him a few times but he is more interested in his computer/TV/car or anything really! It is really annoying; :wall: I mean he likes to come to scans but that is it until he is here. We found out on Friday we are having a boy :dance: he was interested at the scan but at home it was back to normal expecting me to work 9-5 then come in clean house and cook his tea for when he gets in at 6.30 he doesn’t start till 1.00!! At the start of the pregnancy it was really hard as I was so tired but I am ok now have energy but don’t want to tidy up and cook every night, I don’t know about you all but I believe he should at least help a couple of days a week or even just on a Saturday or Sunday! :pray: :pray:

I bought a bunch of baby stuff and I mean a huge load of things on Wednesday and they are all sitting in the bag still he hasn’t even had a look and when I ask he says yeah I will look later. It took me a whole of 2 months………. Yes 2 months… to get him to come and look at a pram I liked. We were supposed to go shopping and look together but after 2 weeks of him making excuses I decided to get all the magazines and choose what I liked and drag him to look at it!

When our little boy is here I know he will be over the moon but I would like him to try and take part in the pregnancy as well. I have just learnt a new game with my bump and me if I rub softly but firm in a circular motion the baby keeps kicking and my OH wasn’t interested but I thought it was fascinating. :dance: :D I was at the doctors yesterday informed my OH I was going to see a midwife, as been experiencing pains and he hasn’t even asked me how it went or what she said!

MEN WHO NEEDS THEM HAHA

Gosh, it seems like this strait lingers in a few men..
Sarah babe- you sound like you have a similar partner to me, though I have to say mine has a strange passion for cleaning so pregnant or not he would take the vac off me as he likes doing it- don't fall over but he actually likes ironing too!

Still, like you said, it would be nice if he paid more attention during the pregnancy. I seriously think he may regret it once it's all over.

I am sure he will mellow once my tunny starts to get bigger. Despite his faults he is a super fab hubby though so I can't really complain. I will be monitoring gadget sales though!

Bevsy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back