Grrrrr... why are men like this?

Squiglet

Reaction score
I'm soooo exasperated...

I'm in the kitchen, cleaning the dishes, when I tell my DH that from now on if he cooks popcorn he has to clean up... Only fair because the smell of popcorn is currently making me physically sick and I am not eating it only he is... But NO!... He then gets the hump on telling me I could ask nicely and he would do it straight away (at the point I asked him I had just cleaned all the pop corn stuff and was trying not to be sick, so it came out strangled)...

Which I pointed out to him was a load of cwap because he still hadn't cleaned out the litter tray and I've asked him everyday for 5 days now :shock: So then he starts saying I've done nothing but snap at him all day... but he slept until 1pm today, then went straight into his cave only to appear occasionally to use the loo or go to the kitchen... And I've been snapping at him ALL DAY??? :shock: I've only been privaliged enough to speak to him four times today... and I know I wasn't snapping at him for those times, because I was lost deep in thought about lots of things atm, which I explained to him...

Now I've just stood washing dishes, pots and pans, hanging out laundry... I feel tired and very dizzy, to which he says, you're not working and I am....:roll: but has he been working today? Was he working Saturday or Sunday? So why do I have to still do everything in the house 24/7?... And now he's all moody with me... I swear he's the pregnant one in this relationship not me!!!! :shock:

Why are men like this?

take all the leads out of his cave... and hid them lol

my OH is the same. i love him dearly, and he's so excited about the baby, but i'm still working full time, i'm carrying our child, i'm managing the house (all the bills, building work etc) and doing all the cleaning & tidying too... he goes to work and comes home - and puts his feet up while i do the cooking!

i know its my own fault for spoiling him silly for the last 6 1/2 years but i just wish, once in a while, i could come home to find he'd cleaned the bathroom or done the hoovering...!

:roll:

Your not alone.
My DH gets more hormonal than me.
I can spend all day cleaning the house from top to bottom before he gets back from work (although I don't know why I bother, within 10 seconds it's trashed) and he'll huff and puff that therer are some crumbs from lunch on the floor. Then he'll get stressy that he had to hoover it up :roll:

My advice, ignore him and leave him to his grumpiness if possible. Don't let him spoil your day. I fantasise that any minute David Beckham is about to ring the doorbell and whisk me away for a lovely meal.
What? It could happen!

I had a similar problem to this with an ex - obviously it wasnt as bad cos I wasnt pregnant so I do really feel for you.

The way I dealt with it was to do exactly as he did for a few days so basically just left everything and if I was hungry got myself something from the fridge and left the dishes etc etc. It built up for a good few days and it was horrible but worth it cos it made him see how much i was doing and how little he was.
The other thing is to leave a bloomin big article about Toxoplasmosis (I think thats right!) that you can get from cats litter and how it can harm the baby for him to read and ask him how he would feel if his laziness caused you to catch it.

Men are essentially very selfish and i find the best way to deal with it is to make him see it as though it was happening to him and then they tend to get it a bit better then!
And if that fails then go to bed with a good book, a big bar of choccie, and dream that David Beckham, George Clooney and Brad Pitt are all fighting for your affections!!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I vote for strike action :hug: :hug:

I#m quite lucky as my OH will help if nagged enough

Don't do it all yourself squig just leave it until no one in the house can find a clean plate/cup then you'll see how things change. Fortunately my DH is a real gem when it comes to helping out. Especially since being pregnant. He comes home at 7-ish, puts down his briefcase and says straight away 'Ok what do you need me to do?' By that time I have a long list lol.. "carry heavily loaded laundry baskets upstairs/downstairs, throw out garbage, peel vegetables bla bla." He's FANTASTIC for doing stuff when you ask without a single complaint.
There is only one problem. You have to TELL him to do something and give precise instructions. If the house collapsed around us he wouldn't notice a thing! I do hope your DH helps out more, especially when you get to third tri and even bending down is impossible! :hug:

My OH is also like this. i tidy up every day and im sick of it. why should i be the one to tidy up everytime when he cant keep it tidy. He always says ' yea but i have had a busy day, if u did my job u would understand'
but it dont matter that i work 20 hours a week already
ggrrrrrr men :wall: :evil:

I must be one of the lucky ones... I work but my husband cant work due to having a work accident...
But he does the housework everyday ...I definatly cant complain there..

In fact as i type this he is upstairs cleaning :D

mine doesnt live with me, I still live with my mum and so does he.

But he is always making himself food and making a mess and then leaving, and I have to clear it all up for him, especialy annoying when he makes a toasted cheese sandwhich and leaves grated cheese everywhere :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back