Is it just me...?

Adele

Reaction score
We still live with OH's parents....and well everytime I take Paige anywhere without the MIL there to see new people or people who havnt seen her before, when I get back she ALWAYS asks me 'what did they think of her?' she even asked me this after id been to stay with my sister!

Like WTF do I say to that, it was fine on the first few occasions of her asking me this, but now I just REALLY feel like replying 'oh they thought she was the most ugliest baby they had ever seen!!' is it just me, or is this the most STUPID question ever....and yes she did ask me this as soon as I got back from yesterdays meet :roll:

maybe its just be being moody but GAHHHHHHHHH

:lol:

Maybe she's just being the proud grandparent and whats to know what compliments you have been getting from everyone? Sure she means it in a nice way but MIL are born to be annoying (must remember I will be one eventually :lol: )

Paige is adorable BTW! :hug:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
Maybe she's just being the proud grandparent and whats to know what compliments you have been getting from everyone? Sure she means it in a nice way but MIL are born to be annoying (must remember I will be one eventually :lol: )

Paige is adorable BTW! :hug:

Yeah she probably does mean well but I still think its a stupid question lol and she knows what the answer will be anyway so why ask? it just bugs me. like now ive been to stay with my sis afew times shes stopped asking what she thinks to my kids, but if i say that like my auntie or my sisters parentsinlaw have seen them too while i was there its always 'oh what did they think to them?' ARGH lol. or its 'did they think she was cute?' NO, they thought she was repulsive :lol:

My mum does the same thing and it's never really bothered me before because i've never really thought too much about it.

Now your mentioned it though it's really going to annoy me because yeah it is a stupid question! :lol:

I might tell my mum people said Lola's funny looking that might shut her up! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Paige is beautiful though so i don't know why your MIL needs reassuring that other people think the same thing :?

Lola's Mummy said:
My mum does the same thing and it's never really bothered me before because i've never really thought too much about it.

Now your mentioned it though it's really going to annoy me because yeah it is a stupid question! :lol:

I might tell my mum people said Lola's funny looking that might shut her up! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Paige is beautiful though so i don't know why your MIL needs reassuring that other people think the same thing :?

No I don't really understand the need for it either, all we've ever had comment wise about my girls is that they're gorgeous lol and I'm sure if anyone turned around and called them odd looking I'd have something to say about it :lol:

Lola is gorgeous too btw :)

Unfortunately I have asked this question on one occasion ****Runs for cover**** I think it was when OH took piccys of Jess into work for the Ladies to see. It is a silly question and I think it was just fishing for compliments.
But my MIL does it too and it is annoying i agree but I'm one to talk aren't I.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

sounds exactly like my MIL she said the other day ohh is your mum still intrested in the pregnancy etc. and i felt like saying na no one cares about her anymore! grrr idiot!

She is beautiful.

It does seem a strange question.

you should say to her one day that they thought she was a bit weird or something :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: just to see what she says

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back