Is it just me?

laracomps

Reaction score
That is getting endless phone calls and texts asking if the baby is here yet???

I am not even at my due date yet. Its driving me round the bend, why do people assume that we've had her and not told anyone?!

How do you deal with it?! I don't want to be rude to my friends & family, but I can't stop thinking about it as it is - without 5 million people reminding me a day! :(

Already received a text today. Think I'm going to just ignore for the time being. Hmpf.

Hehe o dear. Turn your phone off :p

And nope, as only about 3 people have my mobile number anyways (I don't like mobiles so avoid them unless its an emergency) or my friends know better than to keep pesting me asking.

There are even some friends and family I've not even told we are expecting yet :lol: I'm just one of those people who is really low key with life and stuff I guess. Makes it very peaceful. Plus OH's family are all in Australia so don't call often.

I would start ignoring the phone :lol:
No ones asked me yet, though my mum repeatly asks if I will let her know if anything happens everytime I speak to her on the phone

lol, I have had a few phone calls this week and LOTS of emails/facebook messages....all under the pretense of 'Just seeing how you are!'
I have told my inlaws (in a nice way) not to keep ringing as it is annoying and stressful, and threatened my SIL with not telling her baby was here for a week after it arrived if she did keep phoning.

We've told people that we are not telling anyone when we are in labour (apart from you peeps of course :) ), we will just phone when baby comes.

annoying isnt it :wall: :wall: my most annoying one has got to be the people I have just met on the school run who have said 'not had it yet then??' - uh NO THAT IS WHY I STILL HAVE A HUGE BUMP AND CANT DO MY COAT UP - doh :wall: :wall:

I get it now so dread to think what it will be like in another 4 weeks!- the bloke who works in our local says everytime he see's me " Oh, you haven't popped yet..."

NO I HAVEN'T. STOP STATING THE OBVIOUS!!! :roll:

I don't mind when it's someone I haven't seen in ages because it does seem like I've been up the duff for ages but I don't appreciate it on a regular basis!

Happybunny said:
We've told people that we are not telling anyone when we are in labour (apart from you peeps of course :) ), we will just phone when baby comes.

This is what we are planning to do. However, not what everyone else thinks we are doing!! My friends have told me to save a message, so I can just send it to them all when i'm in labour!!!!!!!! I know they are excited, but I can't think of anything worse than the pressure of all my friends knowing i'm in labour.

One friend lives opposite the hospital, and keeps reminding me of that. I keep trying to stress that i'll only be in a few hours. But I think it goes in one ear and out the other! Is it mean that I don't want visitors in hospital?!

nope, I've put on my birth plan that even if I have a c-section I only want immediate family- i.e Grandparents visiting me in hospital. Can't imagine anything worse than hoards of people coming visiting when all I want to do is sleep and spend time with baby. :shakehead:

laracomps said:
Happybunny said:

This is what we are planning to do. However, not what everyone else thinks we are doing!! My friends have told me to save a message, so I can just send it to them all when i'm in labour!!!!!!!! I know they are excited, but I can't think of anything worse than the pressure of all my friends knowing i'm in labour.

One friend lives opposite the hospital, and keeps reminding me of that. I keep trying to stress that i'll only be in a few hours. But I think it goes in one ear and out the other! Is it mean that I don't want visitors in hospital?!

I completely agree. We haven't said anything yet, but when we announce our good news we will be telling people not to visit in us in hospital. Hopefully we will not be there long and I don't want all the in-laws crowding round my very new baby when I need sleep and time to bond.
MIL said yesterday that we can ring her at anytime in the night to tell her the baby is here! We haven't told her that we have no intention of ringing anyone until the morning.

Happybunny said:
MIL said yesterday that we can ring her at anytime in the night to tell her the baby is here! We haven't told her that we have no intention of ringing anyone until the morning.

Don't... my mum is expecting us to ring at 3am to tell her i'm in labour. But as my OH says, what good is it going to be, her being up all night worrying?!

And the other day, she almost phoned the hospital because she couldn't get hold of me for half an hour! (I was asleep)...

laracomps said:
And the other day, she almost phoned the hospital because she couldn't get hold of me for half an hour! (I was asleep)...

:wall: :wall: :wall: Are we allowed to ask hospital not to give out our status etc to anyone who rings? It would annoy me if my family kept rining the hospital to see if we were there and how things were going.

It may be different in each hospital but at mine they wont tell anyone who rings if you are even there or not, let alone if you have had the baby.

Ive had a few texts already asking if ive popped i can see it becoming very annoying in another 2 weeks time.

:wall: :wall:
Know what you mean, we get plots of texts and calls saying 'any twinges/movements?' You think they'd take it as a no as we would cal them if baby was on its way. I know its only cause they're all excited but each day you hope its going to be 'the day' only to be reminded it wasn't when speaking to everybody later on saying 'No changes' :x :rotfl:

i get it too :roll:

I even had my MIL doing it (haha, like we wouldnt tell her if i'd had it?? :rotfl: )

We went round Mil's on Saturday for a meal, and as i came in she looked me up and down and said "oooh are you still........?" and i said "what...pregnant???" She must have seen the look of bemusement on my face, cos she went a bit red and scuttled off rather quickly....weird woman :wall:

Most of my friends are very understanding but as usual my family in law are driving me mental with it. OH is working right up until I go into labour but his mum needs to check up with me every day to make sure we've not forgotten to phone them to tell them that the baby has been born. :roll: The constant "Are you bored yet? You must be really uncomfortable!" is driving me round the bend. Even my mum who lives a 15 minute walk away and is obsessed with the idea of her first grandchild doesn't call every day because she knows I will call her as soon as something happens.

Same questions every day, it's bordering on becoming upsetting, so as of today (thank BT for caller ID) I'm not answering the phone to them. :talkhand:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back