Is it better...

daisyduke76

Reaction score
...to take too much folic acid or not enough?

I genuinely cannot remember if I took my folic acid this morning or not. Is it better to risk missing it, or to take double?

I'm sure I didn't used to be this forgetful! Any advice gratefully received! :wall2: :eh:

Thanks
xx

Last edited:
Dont think it will do any harm hun!! iv forgotton mine a couple of evenings...grrr so changed it to morning even tho its harder totake coz i feel sick! Lol. Stupd memory mines like a sieve!! x

If you are on an over the counter suppliment is it fine - they are just 400mg.

I was on a prescribed highdose FA though so would have probably just skipped a day!

xxxxxxx

Thanks ladies - I'll take one now just in case then. Honestly, I used to have a really good memory, but at the moment I can barely remember my own name!

Thanks again,
D x

I personally wouldn't, as I wouldn't with any meds or supplements x

You should never take double of any medication it should tell you that in the leaflet with it.
Tbh I didn't even start taking them until I was 2months as that's
When I found out. so wouldn't worry to much if you forget some times. (Iv been taken off them now anyways)
X

I think it's better to not take for one day than double dose

Thanks all, I've not taken "another". I can't believe I can't remember whether I took one or not! I guess I will have to get used to these momentary lapses!

Thanks all, I've not taken "another". I can't believe I can't remember whether I took one or not! I guess I will have to get used to these momentary lapses!

Personally I write down the time I take any medication so I Donnt forget iv taken something :)

Personally I write down the time I take any medication so I Donnt forget iv taken something :)

*THAT* is a brilliant idea, will be doing that from tomorrow, thanks for the tip!

I too wouldnt take one, just in case.

I pop a tick on the calender in the kitchen when I take mine :)

I threw all mine up so didn't bother after 13 weeks (sickness lasted til week 22 and returned week 32) my lo is fine x

If it's a over the counter dose your fine, I am on a 5mg tablet prescribed and an over the counter dose in my pregnancy vitamin and this is with the knowledge and permission of the OB. If you are already on a high dose don't take it just in case!

Use one of those pill boxes with days of the week on, then u know

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back