Is it bad luck to start buying things?

The wife seen a nice silvercross pram (at a good price)but we are going to hold off for abit as they take up alot of space too lol

Last edited:
Don't any anything unless its on sale! I bought early last time and then everything had been reduced by the time I had Alex!

Hi hun, the bottles and dummy and steriliers all brand new, avent in the boxes. She ended up using tommy tippy because the baby took to it, and she'd been bought both or something. The moses basket and stuff have been used, but look imaculate you can't tell. We were planning a=on buying everything and wasn't expecting it, we got very lucky i think x

hahah, i hope the superstition thingy isnt true i have everything apart from bottles and sterilising equiptment :oops: hahahah!

Hi hun, the bottles and dummy and steriliers all brand new, avent in the boxes. She ended up using tommy tippy because the baby took to it, and she'd been bought both or something. The moses basket and stuff have been used, but look imaculate you can't tell. We were planning a=on buying everything and wasn't expecting it, we got very lucky i think x

omg class!!!! i want someone to give me all that stuff too!!!! i wouldnt mind anything else being used it would not bother me in the slightest but to get brand new stuff is v v v lucky go you!! xx

Bottles are fine to have been used - just get new teats :)

I've been trying hard to convince my parents and in-laws that not everything needs to be new - there are some great deals on cots / prams etc on eBay, a lot of them are new anyway but loads cheaper. One of our friends has also said that we can have her Moses basket / stand plus a bath / stand and changing unit for free. She's already got 6 kids, bought new EVERY time for some crazy reason and doesn't plan on having any more lol! Obviously there are some things that must be new but I reckon there's a lot of £££ to be saved out there!

Bottles are fine to have been used - just get new teats :)

it may be diff where im from, what they tell you like, were not allowed to use used bottles because the new ones are now BPA free. and if they have any scrapes on them my mw also said you have to bin them. i wouldnt go that far like lol but its weird how your told 10000000 diff things!!!

i was dragged up and i was fine!! :D lol xx

I wouldnt use a bottle if it werent BPA free any way - new or used. I donated breast milk to the SCBU and they reuse storage bottles and pumps - they have to - it's impractical not to. So long as everything is clean and sterile then it's fine :)

personally, i don't buy anything until after the 20 week scan, I have no where to store things and i like to know the sex of the baby and that everything is ok before i go spending money. I don't think there is anything wrong with buying stuff before that tho xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back