Is it a first movement?

ladyminklett

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm 19 weeks pregnant and have experienced a funny sensation on my tummy. I can only describe it as something like as though I'd had stitches and someone was removing the cotton and dragging very gently across my tummy. Is this a first movement do you think? I've was expecting 'Butterflies' for the first movement. It happend twice one day and then again the next day.
Thanks x

I felt a sort of popping feeling at exactly 17 weeks.
I think different people feel slightly different sensations.

Right now, I feel like my belly contains about 5 large heavy pebbles that keep moving around!

That sounds like it to me, people do experience all sorts of sensations.

How lovely! :D

Sounds like it to me too!! :cheer: Aww you just made me remember Lola-Maes first movements! :D

Wow!!
I'm sure I've felt the popping sensation and thought it was a bit of wind.
Can't wait till it starts to kick!! I'm sure I'll regret saying that when it's the middle of the night and I can't sleep.

my first baby kicks felt like little bubbles popping in my tummy. felt like bubbles the size of blueberries but if they were REALLY firmly tightly packed with juice- if one of those popped inside you, thats how i imagine it would feel! think i was about 20 weeks or so. x

I felt a strange sensation on Thursday, I was relaxing on the sofa and I suddenly felt what can be only described as two intense pulsing sensations low down in my abdomen then i haven't felt them since.
I think i'm feeling movement mainly on the left side of me, i'm a bit confused as that is the same side as my bowel and i made a really 'Windy' soup last week and am confused as to whether or not it is the effects of that. I'm 19 weeks now. I would describe the feeling in my tummy as a sort of light dragging under the skin not unpleasant, it does move to the other side but more often than not its on the left side although the pulse sensation was definately on the right side.
I confused as to why i've not felt it since!! I'm sitting here at my desk now feeling a light kind of beat on the left side low down again. Can you tell it's my first????
Do you think the paranoia is setting in?

ladyminklett said:
I felt a strange sensation on Thursday, I was relaxing on the sofa and I suddenly felt what can be only described as two intense pulsing sensations low down in my abdomen then i haven't felt them since.
I think i'm feeling movement mainly on the left side of me, i'm a bit confused as that is the same side as my bowel and i made a really 'Windy' soup last week and am confused as to whether or not it is the effects of that. I'm 19 weeks now. I would describe the feeling in my tummy as a sort of light dragging under the skin not unpleasant, it does move to the other side but more often than not its on the left side although the pulse sensation was definately on the right side.
I confused as to why i've not felt it since!! I'm sitting here at my desk now feeling a light kind of beat on the left side low down again. Can you tell it's my first????
Do you think the paranoia is setting in?

Hey hun... thats how id describe mine.

I never felt popping or butterfies... just felt like a pulse but stronger about 22 weeks!! Id say uve felt ya baby :) xx

Sound very much like it! When I had my first movement it felt like someone tickling me on the inside with a feather!

ladyminklett said:
I confused as to why i've not felt it since!!

When I first started feeling baby move there would be days when I didn't feel anything and then I'd get something and be forever trying to work out whether it was wind or baby!

It sounds vey much like you are feeling baby and you will soon notice the intensity and occurences increasing - it's amazing how powerful they suddenly become over the next couple of weeks.

How early/late you can feel baby also has a lot to do with the placenta positioning - I would imagine this could also effect the sensations of baby moving about and kicking, if for example the placenta was anterior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back