is any1 else anemic??

mel_ed

Reaction score
had a phone call off midwife 2day saying i'm anemic! was just wondering if any1 else is and what does it actually mean? does it make u feel any different?

Last edited:
Means you're low on iron hun. I had it but not during my pregnancy it was just after I'd given birth. I guess you'll be given some iron tablets. Be careful with them if you're constipated at all though as they can bung you up.

As for feeling different I felt normal but I think low iron levels can make you feel light headed or tired quickly xx

Think pippa said it all ^^^^ hope tablets sort it for you hun xx

I've been anemic before but not so far while being pregnant (touch wood - because i posted the other day about not having had any nose bleeds while being pregnant, then had one out of no where last night, ooppps) but as above normally treated with iron tablets, and you can feel extra tired and weak with low iron, its pretty common in pregnancy i think and they just moniter it and use the tablets to stabilise it xx

thanks every1 for teh advice. i kow its quite common but just wanted sum info as didnt get 2 speak 2 midwife about it. as the docs just sent me a letter through post with a perscription.

i was anemic aswell, i cant swallow pills so they gave me my extra iron in liquid for that i had to take twice a day mixed in orange juice. i was just really tired and breathless all the time. just wanted to sleep 24/7. the extra iron helped alot though however it does make you constipated and you might notice when you do manage to go to the toilet its black. sorry thats disgusting lol but i thought there was something wrong with me until someone explained what was wrong.

Last edited:
i was anemic before and after pregnancy, so iron tablets being perscribed weren't such a big thing for me. they give you terrible poo's though :(! lol. just means you ain't getting enough iron and need supplements.. but everyone has already told you that hehe ;) it's common for pregnant women to be anemic though so don't worry :D xxx p.s if you're thinking of trying rasberry leaf tea later on, that has lots of iron in!

Last edited:
I am anemic to hun ive been told to rest alot now because it got to the point where i couldnt lift my head off the pillow and it felt like the left side of my face had been hit by a train :( and the next morning my head was so lightheaded i could of bout fainted and its because been taken so much out of me that i think i need more but no one has said bout up dosing my supplement of iron, this happened the other day an i was told to go ring mw so i did they checked me over an then they rang notts hosp an they wanted to check me over aswell they wanted to keep me in but i wanted to come home i promised them that i would rest as now i have no choice hun and i was in there for 3 hours gettin seen to. get resting while you can with your feet up. hope your ok xx

Make sure you take your iron tabs!! I was so anemic i needed a blood transfusion after having meghan, i didn't want that as i wanted to get home. It took a while for my energy to build up again. I was feeling so shitty and told my midwife i had no energy, my heart felt like it was struggling cos the blood couldn't get round. If it was spotted i was anemic i wouldn't of been in that mess. I was anemic with logan but it was spotted so had some tabs, i think once i have my 28 wk bloods done it will come up that i'm anemic again but eat lots of greens, and a good steak!! And keep taking you iron tabs you'll be fine. Sorry for long post. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back