irritable bowel syndrome

shelby1998

Reaction score
hello ladies, need a bit of help. i suffer really bad with ibs, i did before i fell pregnant.
Every time i eat something it goes straight through me and i get the awful stomach pains that could be described as labour pains.
what could i take to control this. it is getting me down as i have had to run from a pub after having my lunch and it's rather embarassing. sometimes i'm not lucky enough to reach the toilet in time ( sorry to be so graphic )
Has this happened to any of you guys ???

Hi hun.

I am sorry to hear what you are going thru :hug:

But if I were you, I would get to the Doctor's as s/he will be able to help you more with this prob, and you know it will be safe if he prescribes it!

Sorry I am not more help than that!

Good Luck, hope you feel better soon xx

Shelby Ive had IBS for years as part of fibromyalgia which I also have. Dont think you can take the medication for it but be very very aware what you eat, start with a diary of what youve eaten then mark if it had any effect or not (you'll be surprised how quick you forget otherwise)

Avoid beans and pulses, these have me doubled over for at least 3 days, reduce coffee intake and avoid filter coffee, avoid anything too rich, greasy or new foods that your stomach may take a dislike to. Its pretty individual so you'll find very quickly with a diary what your body is intolerant of. I used to be just like you but got prescribed colofac (after enduring a barium enema and flexible sigmoidoscopy, not nice!!!!) which controlled most of the effects and I stuck to the diary method and identified my triggers so no longer need medication.

hth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back