• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Irregular/short cycles, can I even get a BFP?

corky

Reaction score
I've been tracking my periods for the last few months and it's actually opened my eyes that they are pretty irregular, they have gone 27 days, 21 days, 23 days, does the fact that they vary a bit and they seem to be quite short recently mean that I'm going to really struggle, i'm ttc baby number one, both me and fiancee are young and i don't drink or smoke, i'm a little overweight but not dangerously so and we've been ttc for 7 months, any help would be great ladies babydust for everyone xxxxxxxx

My honest answer Corky is I dont know! I hear of all types of cycles gettinf a BFP so yes you can. However it may have an effect as well. The dr reccomends a year of trying ( yes exceptionally annoying) before an average couple gets pregnant. At the moment I say try not to let it worry you ( easier said than done) and keep ttc. My dr told me the worry either! Maybe wait till the year mark them go. Failing that if u cant I reckon a dr would see you about irregular periods at the moment!

I think its the length of lutheal phase thats most important, it has to be at least 10 days to allow implantation to happen, so there needs to be at least 10 days from OV to end of your cycle, that make sense?

I think its the length of lutheal phase thats most important, it has to be at least 10 days to allow implantation to happen, so there needs to be at least 10 days from OV to end of your cycle, that make sense?

that does make sense but in this case I need to discover when it is i'm ovulating, so maybe I should try using OPKs, I might try losing a bit of extra weight and taking some prenatals or something just to feel like i'm doing something! xxx

Yeah I reckon opks are a good idea for you then. Knowing when you ov is more effective as Nurse said. In terms of your weight that was the first thing my dr said to me when I went to them about getting a regular cycle last year. They say just loosing 5 per cent can have a huge effect on your body. Good Luck!!!

yep sounds like a good plan, i would start doing the OPK's early in your cycle too as you may OV really early and have a good length LP!!!! :)

I agree with the girls, would be beneficial for your to use opk's this month to track your ovulation and see how long your lutheal phase is, as long as that is ok then you shouldnt have anything to worry about xxx

i think i've heard that you can take vit B12 for short LP, maybe worth a google :)

i think i've heard that you can take vit B12 for short LP, maybe worth a google :)

Ohhh yeah good thinking Nurse lol I have also heard this is suppose to be good for the LP phase x

thanks everyone, I can't actually practice any BDing this month because I have a CT scan on the 11th so will most definitely miss my ovulation, but could use this month to track ovulation. I have been considering weight loss, I'm probably about a stone and a half over my medical ideal weight so it's not enough to be dangerous to my health but I guess it could make me less likely to concieve.. who knows! xxx

This is something I worry about too. I start spotting either 10 or 11 dpo so I'm pushing it for luteal phase. Like others have said you hear all sorts getting bfp and will all depend on how earlier you ov. It's so hard as nobody really knows for sure. I had my day 21 bloods which were normal so god knows why I spot so early.

I hope you get it all figured out x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back