Coming off the pill and irregular periods

everhopeful

Reaction score
Hi I'm new on here and after some advice and opinions. I came off the pill in Jan after 11years as we decided to try for a baby. Periods have been very irregular since then - first month 28 days, second month 26 days, third month 37 days and last month 33 days. I am now on day 31 of this cycle and waiting! Is this normal and has anyone else experienced this? We have officially been ttc for 2 cycles now and its driving me mad not knowing when period is due or when I'm ovulating.

The pill can create total havoc. I suggest you use ovulation predictor kits to help you keep track x

Hi hun,

I have been off the pill for 12months now ttc and was on it for about 11yrs before that, i have had irregular periods ever since. Rangin from about 20 to 40 days. They have settled a little bit better now but last month was 27 and now im on day 36 so i can never tell whats guna happen. I use the clearblue smiley faces to see if im ov but not every month.

Fx for you hun.

Michelle. x

Hey hun & Welcome :)

I came off the combined pill in april 2011 and my periods have been completely irratic ever since :( think its just one of those things x

Hiya & Welcome :)

I also came off my pill in January having been on it for 10 years - My cycles since have ranged from 28 days - 35 days, so similar to you, very irregular! This month I been charting my temps and using OPKs (as recommended by Princess above) I am finding it useful in helping me get my head around my body & changes to expect etc (but also for some people this approach doesn't work as it makes the TTC less enjoyable & more stressful) I'm feeling really relaxed but also excited so its working really well for me so far :) good luck to you in your TTC journey xxx

Hi, I just wanted to share that also the pill made my periods all over the place. I actually never fell into a regular cycle before falling pregnant. I did download an app for my phone, can't remember what it was called, period tracker or something, I used it mainly to see when my periods were due and count the days in my cycle... You could then add how long your cycle was and would tell you your fertile window and when you were Ovulating, add when you had sex and also put in how your feeling, skin changes mood swings etc...! I know it's not the same as all the proper testing, but it's a handy little thing.

Thanks for all the replies, it's nice to see it's not just me who has these irregular cycles. I've just ordered the clearblue ovulation kit so hopefully I will be able to pinpoint when I'm ovulating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back