iPhone pros/cons?

AnnaR2B

Reaction score
Hi there :wave:
Thinking of getting an iPhone, but not sure...any of you have one?
What are they like? Worth the contract money?
Any opinions gratefully recieved :hug:

i don't think they can send/recieve picture messages and the cameras only 2 megapix..

but great for internet usage!

I have one and they are ace because its like a mini pc so internet access is great and also so easy to download tunes to the iphone bit and get vids on etc.

HOWEVER it does lose a lot of a normal phone functionality that you take for granted e.g. you cant forward texts which does my head in and you cant receive MMS pic messages - you have to go online to see them which u can do from your phone but it takes time and have to enter password etc. And you cant send MMS msgs to other peoples phones - only emails.

It also can have a few technical hitches which are hard to over come cos you cant just take the battery out if it freezes up as its not accessible. That is probably the most annoying thing.

Other than those niggles it is an ace phone and it gets better all the time cos you can download free updates and software all the time
:D

i had one and my hubby unlocked it so i could use my exsisting contract on voda. He also installed a program called 'installer' which you can put msn on your phone and also mms, which worked fine for me, sending and recieving pics

clairescunny55 said:
i had one and my hubby unlocked it so i could use my exsisting contract on voda. He also installed a program called 'installer' which you can put msn on your phone and also mms, which worked fine for me, sending and recieving pics

Oo i never heard of that! I will have to look for it. Cheers chick.

My OH has one. Loves it. Contracts are £30 and £35, minimum 18 months.

Don't forget you need to be in places for it to have a signal for it to be of any use internet wise. Email also. If its not a great signal forget any kind of decent download speed. Internet will be sloooooooooooooow.

TBH if you don't plan on using the internet and emailing on the go I'd probably say get a normal phone. If like my OH your are an Apple techno geek and like downloading endless apps and so on and are constantly Twittering, emailing and other geeky things then it might be the phone for you :)

My one complaint about his use of it. Its never used as a phone. He is constanly playing with it. I do most of the driving as he sits and trawls the internet etc. Reads books on his iPhone. It gets really annoying sometimes to find him out and about and with his eyes glued to the blooming iPhone screen. Its invasive and I don't like that side of it.

I work for a company who repairs iPhones so i had one for free for a while. They are buggy (freeze alot) and you if you get them on contract you still have to pay alot to buy it. Great as a mini computer for using the net on (but u cant get hotmail to sync with it as its made by apple) and i also didnt like the quality of the phone calls, the line is not great. But its good if you like your gadgets! I swapped it for an XDA Orbit which i am much happier with as i have tomtom on it. But overall they are pretty versitile for music/internet ect. The cameras on any of these type of smartphones are crap quality as they are usually an after thought. We deal with a company called Goldstriker...look how much they sell their custom ones for :wink: just incase your feeling flush....
http://www.goldstriker.co.uk/personal.html
They look horrible aswell :shhh:

My boss for the company I teach swimming lessons for has one and he hasn't been getting any calls on it for the past month.

Can't comment otherwise

Maybe google iPhone reviews and see what comes up

Hmm..cheers guys lots to think about :think:
Poochielove - wow - blinging!!! Not that flush hun...unfortunately :wink:

I love mine, I use it for the morning feeds when ICBA to get out of bed yet!

I've not had any issues with call quality or bugs so I'm happy about that.
The only thing is, I'm sorry worried about dropping it/having it pinched or something!

I love mine, I use it for the morning feeds when ICBA to get out of bed yet!

Eh?? Does it feed your baby for you too??? Ace I'm definitely getting one!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have just upgraded my phone.

I went for a Nokia E71... OOohhhh it's brilliant. I can pick up all my emails, can access messenger, have full tunes on there (it comes with a 2gb memory card even!) It's fully qwerty keyboard yet it's really very slim and feels nice to use.

Oh and it's fully customisable to how you want it too!

(geek mode off...)

:rotfl:

Thank you hun, i am so rubbiiissshh with technology, especially phones and i do have a past history of dropping them into cups of tea/ toilets... so i want a phone i will cherish... just can't decide...
:think:
PS- hows Lewis? Hugs from me :hug:

Update I've got one! Love it am on it now!
Any hints tips etc would be great or any cool apps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back